Wavetable Synths - Need some options, max price £100

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on wavetable synths upto a max price of £100?

Is Reason Lite worth getting for the Europa Synth? (Liteis on offer for $99 until march 31st).

I have been looking at Fathom and it looks and sounds great.

Any other synths you could advise on?

Thanks

You can get Serum for $10 a month via Splice. Obviously the full price isn't under £100 but it's spread out over 19 months so maybe doable?

Wait does Europa come with Reason lite? That Doesn’t seem right I thought you only got like Subtractor with that.
Anyways Serum is still the best WT synth, as I see it until proven otherwise it’s still Serum and then everyone else. And major +1 on the splice recommendation, that’s how I got my serum, just kept paying and paying until it was only like 30$ left and I paid the rest of in mass,
Boom, mine forever. Easy as Pie.

However for strictly under 100£/132$...

Mabye ANA2?
It’s kinda like Sylenth and Serum had a weird kinda child together, it sounds lovely and has a decent wavetable engine.
You can’t truly Mess with things like you can Serum however.

Fathom is Good! young product with a good local following,
I think Sektor is under 130$ right now but I’m not sure.
And there’s another WT synth called Vaporizor 2 I’ve seen around, it’s like brand new and affordable with a wavetable editor, but it’s reallg under the radar and I’ve seen mixed things on the sound engine. Product has a lot of potential by the way it looks however.
Waves Codex?

I mean there is a TON :hihi:

Edit: I have no idea how but I completely forgot the Synthmaster and Synthmaster one plugins!!
OOF.
That might be the BEST bang for your buck, especially the original Synthmaster since it does wavetables and like everything else too!!!
Last edited by Spencer Maddox on Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Thorn isn't technically a wavetable synth but it does the morphing/interpolation thing very nicely. Can use Thorn CM and wait for PA to do a good sale on the full version.

Massive is still a great synth with top-notch workflow, but the wavetable selection and morphing options are a touch limited. I think it's often available in the $50-80 range in the buy-and-sell section?

Synthmaster One can load Serum-compatible wavetables, regularly $79 and sometimes on sale for 50% off.

Fathom is fantastic but cannot currently load Serum-compatible wavetables (but can load single WAV frames at a time) but I believe it may be in the works. Check the Fathom thread, whose title constantly changes.

I do not like Europa all that much for wavetables. The interpolation leaves some to be desired. In order to smooth wavetable index movement, it fades the start and end to zero which can have highly adverse effects. However, its other features are nice.

Ocean Swift Defiant is free. Loads Serum-compatible tables.

Waves Codex on sale is usually $29. I̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶a̶d̶ ̶c̶u̶s̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶w̶a̶v̶e̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶s̶.̶ But it sounds warm.

Vaporizer 2 is pretty cool and has a really nice wavetable editor.

Edit: Corrected as per:
WasteLand wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:08 pm waves codex does support wavetable (sample) importing.
Last edited by yellowmix on Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

* Icarus when on sale via bestservice.
* Ana2
* Predator 2

spidergod wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:51 pm Just wondering if anyone has any advice on wavetable synths upto a max price of £100?
You shouldn't buy a wavetable synthesizer based on it's price. I've worked with most of them and can say that they are vastly different from each other, both in workflow and results, i.e. the sound you'll be getting out of them.

With that said, most of the better ones are over 100 pounds. Or you could look at what Wolfgang Palm, the creator of wavetable synthesis, has to offer. Right here:
http://wolfgangpalm.com/shop.html

Thanks for the information, will check out the synths mentioned, I have synthmaster - will have to re-install as had a hdd crash and slowly getting things re-installed.

yep you do get europa with lite :

https://help.propellerheads.com/hc/en-u ... n-10-Lite-

waves codex does support wavetable (sample) importing.
i side note with reason lite: you don't get europa as vst (or other format) plugin.

both sounds to me: good. i can only comment on wavetable synths i have, i do not own The Serum, but what i have sounds nice, and capable to produce sounds i want. arturia pigments will be (soon?) on sale again i think for half price.

I'll throw in another plug for Fathom. The modular environment and insane modulation options give the Wavetable oscillators a ton of flexibility. It's a bit CPU heavy right now, but apparently that's going to change very soon.

Vaporizor 2 & Fathom I think I will get, keeping an eye on waves codex and tempted to get ppg infinite for the ipad, also have got the defiant wt synth.

Thanks

Vaporizer 2 is very good, great price too.

Surge is all the rage right now in WT synths. best bang for the buck ($0)
best sound for the CPU.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/surge-by-vember-audio
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Wave’s Codex also gets very inexpensive at times. I’ve seen it go as low as $29. I think the Splice Serum rent to own model is a great thing, though. Pigments and Zone are also available for rent thru Splice. You should maybe demo those and pick one. I can’t see where you could go wrong.

Spencer Maddox wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:18 pm Anyways Serum is still the best WT synth
Based on what?

Icarus has a better overall editor.
Hive has the Uhm scripts which provide possibilities and a sound quality Serum cannot.
Wavemapper2 does some impressive morphing not possible in Serum.
Serum does not have frame interpolation. That is a big drawback.

Serum is a good synth, but not at all the best. In a bunch of ways, Icarus is a better WT synth.

Oh. and to be somewhat on topic... Synthmaster One is within the requested price. A few dollars would not be what made me decide on a synth, but hey, there it is.

Return to “Instruments”