Absynth 5 3rd Party Bankname Help.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello
I am sure their is a simple solution to my problem but I cannot solve it myself. I purchased a 3rd party sound bank and am having problems getting Absynth5 to see it as a Bankname (my bankname list includes absynth4, absynth 5, absynth legacy, spectral expansion and absynth twilights).
If I click on the sounds tab in Absynth it changes to File Explorer and I can see my 3rd party preset under absynth twilights.

I put the 3rd party presets pack here :

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Absynth 5\Sounds

When I rebuild the database using the standalone Absynth it adds all the other banks apart from my 3rd party presets

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Yep. Third party banks nowdays should go in Documents\Native Instruments\Absynth 5\Sounds

ew
A spectral heretic...

I tried putting in the documents and sounds folder to no avail, having looked further it seems as though author and bankname attributes have not been added to the presets, which is a bit of pain.
Is their anyway of mass adding attributes to alchemy presets?, if so how easy is it?
Might just have to use Absynths file option which is annoying but there you go.
cheers

spidergod wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:19 pm I tried putting in the documents and sounds folder to no avail, having looked further it seems as though author and bankname attributes have not been added to the presets, which is a bit of pain.
That would explain the problem.
Is their anyway of mass adding attributes to alchemy presets?, if so how easy is it?
Alchemy presets? You mean Absynth, no?
Might just have to use Absynths file option which is annoying but there you go.
cheers
I think there used to be a batch tagging tool that somebody came up with; I'll see if I can find it. Otherwise, yeah - you're stuck with using the attributes window and entering meta-data. Don't forget to save each patch after tagging.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Yeah meant absynth

Return to “Instruments”