New DNB Track - If You Made Your Peace ***A Newer New Updated Mix***

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by smd12 on Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

My Feedback

Music - 6.5
Instruments - 8
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8.125

Comments: Essentially, for me, this is a backing track. Where's the melody? Where's the vocals (as in singing)? Where's the synth lead? The vocal samples (speaking) aren't enough to keep this from sounding like a 30 second song just looped for almost 6 minutes, which is WAY too long for so little variation. The drums are cool and are basically the only thing making this even remotely interesting. The break at 3:30 helps a little too. A nice top line vocal or lead would really turn this into a cool track. I know there are people who like this stuff and I get that I'm not your target audience, but I can only comment based on my personal musical preferences and what I find interesting.

This reminds me of Autechre. I haven’t listened to a whole lot of their music but it must be in a similar genre.

Interesting and yes, dark in nature. It might work better with visuals, at least for me.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:27 pm My Feedback

Music - 6.5
Instruments - 8
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8.125

Comments: Essentially, for me, this is a backing track. Where's the melody? Where's the vocals (as in singing)? Where's the synth lead? The vocal samples (speaking) aren't enough to keep this from sounding like a 30 second song just looped for almost 6 minutes, which is WAY too long for so little variation. The drums are cool and are basically the only thing making this even remotely interesting. The break at 3:30 helps a little too. A nice top line vocal or lead would really turn this into a cool track. I know there are people who like this stuff and I get that I'm not your target audience, but I can only comment based on my personal musical preferences and what I find interesting.
Thanks for listening the feedback. One can't please everyone :D

fastlanephil wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:41 pm This reminds me of Autechre. I haven’t listened to a whole lot of their music but it must be in a similar genre.

Interesting and yes, dark in nature. It might work better with visuals, at least for me.
Thanks for listening and the feedback. I never listened to them, so I wouldn't know. :D

As someone that likes music without vocals, melody or cheesy synth leads I like it.

p.s. It sounds nothing like Autechre ;)
Bitwig, against the constitution.

BobDog wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:46 am As someone that likes music without vocals, melody or cheesy synth leads I like it.

p.s. It sounds nothing like Autechre ;)
Thanks for listening. Glad to hear you like it.

I listened to Autechre after I read the above comment and I agree :tu: :D

Pretty dark, on the verge of not being DnB IMO, but some sort of post-industrial something-or-other. Liked it, at any rate.

sjm wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:07 pm Pretty dark, on the verge of not being DnB IMO, but some sort of post-industrial something-or-other. Liked it, at any rate.
I hear ya. The closest genre that it sounded like was DnB. Thanks for listening and the positive feedback

Return to “Music Cafe”