HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 19/20 Products

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
zedd
KVRian
974 posts since 19 Apr, 2008

Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:15 pm

And one more question... I think I might even like the pad sounds of "Starburst ST – for Sampletank" even better. I see that it is also available for Kontakt, but I don't see the Kontakt version in the list of Bonus product choices. Is the Kontakt version not available for this GB?

Would you recommend one version over the other? My first impression, upon realizing that there is a demo for Starburst Kontakt and a demo for Starburst SampleTank on the same product page is that the Kontakt ones seem a little richer...

These are sweet. I think think these may be what I will choose. Such lovely sounds and so many of them.

Congrats to you and everyone for reaching this level!! I am very pleased.
Somewhere in the background zedd

Astralp
KVRAF
1896 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Re: HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 15/19 Products so far

Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:12 pm

zedd wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:02 pm
I am finding myself very interested in the sound of the Pads in the Bonus product option "Essence for TAL Bassline-101". But I'm pretty sure that's not something for Kontakt because it doesn't say so. Not sure what Bassline-101 is exactly.
https://tal-software.com/products/tal-bassline-101

It’s a really good emulation of an SH-101 with a few nice additions such as polyphony. I’m a big fan of TAL, great instruments at good prices. I borrowed a real 101 for a while a couple of decades ago and absolutely loved it, in fact Behringer is bringing out a hardware copy in the next few months which I have my sights on :)

I haven’t done a Kontakt version of it I’m afraid, but I highly suggest you check out the synth demo if you like my preset pack, it sounds authentic and is a simple architecture and so very easy to program.

Starburst for Kontakt was discontinued I think, it was before I started doing the heavy scripting. It was many years ago now, I can’t really remember tbh.

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:24 pm

tatanka wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:45 pm
As I am again thinking about my bonus credits: has anyone the spire presets and could share and opinion ? I got that lately back after selling it years ago (because of that
reputation for being an EDM Synth
:lol: ) then recently realized what great sound and capacity it has. But I have tons of presets already and as the preset system is still not very comfortable with needing to load any bank separately I only want something adding that "special". Of course listened to the demos, still undecided. Some opinions ?
I think that synths are only defined by their factory presets, any synth can make any sort of music :) Pesonally I love Spire, it has a very distinct sound and some great Oscillator modes. I agree about the bank system though, I wish Synths would just use Folders and Files, that system already exists and don’t understand why developers implement a bank System in software Instrument. It makes sense on hardware but not in software. I love the Waldorf synths, but that Bank system has to be the worst and is the reason I’ve never released any presets for them. I don’t really use presets myself though, I tend to always start with an init preset in any synth :)

But yes I think Spire is a lovely synth which has been unfairly compared to the Virus imo, I had a TI for a few years and don’t see the comparison really. Spires oscillators are much cleaner and have more oomph and presence. Since they updated the GUI and made it resizable it’s nice to use too in the eye candy sense.

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF
3593 posts since 27 Jul, 2001 from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:37 pm

Astralp wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:24 pm
I wish Synths would just use Folders and Files, that system already exists and don’t understand why developers implement a bank System in software Instrument.
Thanks for saying this as it has been on my mind for a long time. :tu:
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows Pro 10-64bit, i9-9900k, 32 GB RAM.

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:38 pm

Paul Corello wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:29 am
This Arp Stream is just incredible: so much control and I haven't even tried the randomisation yet :tu:
Thanks Paul :) it’s a world of exploration for sure, I’m a bit stumped with the Global Randomizers really, it’s the first Instrument which I’ve found it hard to do. Because of its modularity for want of a better word results are impossible to predict :) I want to tweak it a bit more, but on the whole I think the Remix and local Randomizers are actually more useful. Hopefully though people will experiment with making sequences, it’s easy to use and explore, just a couple of changes can alter things so much.

In terms of Midi ARP, I’m going to backport it from the ARP Stream code as it’s changed a lot and I’ve made many improvements. It will be much better for it and should hopefully be preset compatible too. I’m pretty sure that the hanging notes in U-HE synths are coming from Chord Mode when using stutter and Harmony Notes. It should be easy enough to fix I think, if not I’ll just disable harmony notes for Chord Mode. I’ll make a simple proof of concept and send it to Urs as it shouldn’t happen and is down to how the sysnths deal with double notes I think, although right now it’s serving a purpose for me to eliminate double notes :)

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:45 pm

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:37 pm
Astralp wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:24 pm
I wish Synths would just use Folders and Files, that system already exists and don’t understand why developers implement a bank System in software Instrument.
Thanks for saying this as it has been on my mind for a long time. :tu:
Well the trend really comes from Steinberg using .fxb as the default preset system built into VST architecture. I myself used that system initially when building synths and it’s easy to do because it requires no effort compared to making your own but now that many DAWs no longer support the load and save mechanism that used to be essential it’s left many synths high and dry. Even Cubase dropped support beyond import. The initial point was that the host controls preset management so that the plugin doesn’t have to.. at least the world is moving on from it now.

Paul Corello
KVRist
89 posts since 23 Sep, 2003

Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:54 pm

Astralp wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:38 pm
Paul Corello wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:29 am
This Arp Stream is just incredible: so much control and I haven't even tried the randomisation yet :tu:
Thanks Paul :) it’s a world of exploration for sure, I’m a bit stumped with the Global Randomizers really, it’s the first Instrument which I’ve found it hard to do. Because of its modularity for want of a better word results are impossible to predict :) I want to tweak it a bit more, but on the whole I think the Remix and local Randomizers are actually more useful. Hopefully though people will experiment with making sequences, it’s easy to use and explore, just a couple of changes can alter things so much.

In terms of Midi ARP, I’m going to backport it from the ARP Stream code as it’s changed a lot and I’ve made many improvements. It will be much better for it and should hopefully be preset compatible too. I’m pretty sure that the hanging notes in U-HE synths are coming from Chord Mode when using stutter and Harmony Notes. It should be easy enough to fix I think, if not I’ll just disable harmony notes for Chord Mode. I’ll make a simple proof of concept and send it to Urs as it shouldn’t happen and is down to how the sysnths deal with double notes I think, although right now it’s serving a purpose for me to eliminate double notes :)
Since; I have used Remix, which is nicely subtle enough to come up with something interesting, each time and Randoms, locally, work fine, so far: I haven't experienced any stuck notes yet, in any Mode, but still trying different synths, including Tessellate and Continuity which, btw, sound fantastic, especially utilising a couple of CCs :)

Astralp
KVRAF

Re: HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 16/19 Products so far

Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:03 pm

Haha fantastic! I haven’t tried that myself. So far I’ve been mainly working with TAL and U-HE because they had issues for me to resolve :)

zedd
KVRian
974 posts since 19 Apr, 2008

Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:36 pm

Sorry Andy...

Some more questions in regards to "Homegrown Complete 2010 – Huge Sample Collection":

(1) Almost all of the 14 sample CD/DVD titles do not link to the products, but one of the ones that does is Radiance and it links to Radiance for SampleTank. Are those titles actually products that play in SampleTank or Kontakt, or are they just folders of the samples?

(2) The list of 14 sample CD/DVD titles only has 13 titles. Is there any chance that Starburst for SampleTank is the 14th title that is not listed?

(3) And finally, I searched to find the demo on your website that includes some of the acoustic drum loops from Homegrown Complete 2010 but that Frequency Arps demo that shows off some of the acoustic drums does not appear to be on your site or on your YouTube channel. Is there any other way to get a taste for how the acoustic drumkits sound?

I was planning for the past month to just go for the Huge Sample Collection if we reached this level, knowing that there's going to surely be lots of treasures in there... but I am now also salivating by the thought of those 4000+ lovely Starburst presets.

Thanks in advance. I will eagerly download something tomorrow for my Sunday pleasure.
Somewhere in the background zedd

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:00 pm

Well personally, I would recommend the sample collection over the sampletank stuff, It’s basically all of my pre 2010 sample releases or Homegrown Sounds the early years 2003-2010 :) All of the Kontakt based releases also come with basic Instruments for Kontakt, Halion, EXS24 and NN-XT. Presumably they all still work although I haven’t tried them for over a decade, but I know the Kontakt ones still do.

Starburst is basically made from presets I made on the Virus TI, I think there are 110 core samples, in ST they are divided into categories by Mood which use different Envelopes and Effects etc... I find it hard to get excited about ST because it’s a closed system and it was a bit of hacks way I used to make the releases. I hoped that when ST3 arrived they would have made it easier to develop for and assign Macros. When importing my ST Instruments the folder structure gets destroyed so they are all listed in a single folder and they use way more storage space. I did have them all discontinued but someone requested I make them available. To use in ST 4 you need ST 3 to first convert them so that they can be imported. I did convertInfected a couple of weeks ago but I haven’t got time at the moment to do the rest, plus I have extremely slow upload speed at the moment so it’s painful. I’m finally able to get a decent internet service which is happening in 3 weeks and so I will try to find time to convert the rest at that point. I find it hard to be interested in ST anymore, I loved ST 2 and still use it occasionally, but didn’t get on with ST3 at all.

Sorry about the HG Complete demos and info, it was discontinued for years and I made it available on request of a few people around the time of the Cassetto GB. So the links are from the time when I sold all of these releases separately probably on the old website. Sorry about that, but it’s just not on my priority list to sort it out ;) all I will say is that it’s great value for money and very diverse plus it’s a trawl through all of the synths and instruments I owned at some point.

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:01 pm

Oh the Acoustic Drums was a release I bought the rights to around 2005, I used some of the loops in ReaniDrum so you will get an idea from that :)

GoldieK
KVRist
77 posts since 30 Jul, 2016

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:45 am

the Homegrown Complete 2010 is a must have if you don't have it. As a bonus included in a group buy, to me it's the best bargain in the entire offering. Wav files, Kontakt NKI's. Rex files, plus Halion. I remember when I got it with the Augment group buy, being amazed how much was in it. And it all works great.

GoldieK
KVRist
77 posts since 30 Jul, 2016

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:48 am

or was it the Cassetto group buy...damn getting old, how did this happen :)

killmaster
KVRian
1098 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:22 am

I picked Motion this time. Should I the whole folder called "Tangents for Motion" in ...User Content/Kontakt or its 2 subfolders "SW Tangents nka patches" and "Motion" in ...User Content/Kontakt? Thank you and looking forward to one day having the MIDI Stream! Great work on it! Seems like there are some great new ideas in there! Sometimes I think there aren't enough tools for leaving rests or holes in the sequences. Like building up a sequence and having functions that add a layer of silence or halting notes somehow.

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:35 am

killmaster wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:22 am
I picked Motion this time. Should I the whole folder called "Tangents for Motion" in ...User Content/Kontakt or its 2 subfolders "SW Tangents nka patches" and "Motion" in ...User Content/Kontakt? Thank you and looking forward to one day having the MIDI Stream! Great work on it! Seems like there are some great new ideas in there! Sometimes I think there aren't enough tools for leaving rests or holes in the sequences. Like building up a sequence and having functions that add a layer of silence or halting notes somehow.
Put them in Data/Motion Presets and then they will be visible in the Preset browser next time you open Motion :)

Well I've just added the ability to use Grid sequence D rhythmically with the Stutter Sequencer which opens up some more possibilities.

@GoldieK Yep it was cassetto! Yes age creeps up, I was 50 in December which was shocking, and I still haven't got around to learning how to be an adult and do all those sensible things in life that grownups do :) I think there must be some mistake.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”