VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
Everglide
KVRist
403 posts since 6 Mar, 2013

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:05 am

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/xhi ... zg5k6/VK-1 Viking Synthesizer 1.0.4d1.zip?dl=0

User avatar
W23
KVRist
355 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Re: VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:51 am

I have to wonder what happened to Blamsoft. I thought they did well enough

SoundPorn
KVRian
717 posts since 24 Jul, 2018

Re: VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:31 am

All I know is VK-1 one of the most authentic Moogs emu's I ever heard and easily the best one available free.

generaldiomedes
KVRian
613 posts since 15 Apr, 2017 from Canada

Re: VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:54 am

W23 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:51 am
I have to wonder what happened to Blamsoft. I thought they did well enough
Well making reason rack extensions is probably not the best business model. It may yet be the downfall of spire .

User avatar
W23
KVRist
355 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Re: VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:59 am

generaldiomedes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:54 am
W23 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:51 am
I have to wonder what happened to Blamsoft. I thought they did well enough
Well making reason rack extensions is probably not the best business model. It may yet be the downfall of spire .
I hope not. I own Spire, the VST/AU. I understand the Reveal Sound guys make a fair amount of money in the soundest and loops department as well.
Last edited by W23 on Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

generaldiomedes
KVRian
613 posts since 15 Apr, 2017 from Canada

Re: VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:02 am

W23 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:59 am
generaldiomedes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:54 am
W23 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:51 am
I have to wonder what happened to Blamsoft. I thought they did well enough
Well making reason rack extensions is probably not the best business model. It may yet be the downfall of spire .
I hope not. I own Spire, the VST/AU. I understand the Reveal Sound guys also make a fair amount of money in the soundest and loops department as well.
I think it was more of an opportunity cost .. and now they have the RE baggage to drag around with them for all new development. Anyways sorry to derail.

Rastkovic
KVRist
49 posts since 26 Jul, 2018 from North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Re: VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:29 am

Well, what's happened to Blamsoft?? Website is down....
::keep calm, and make great sounds

rainer303
KVRer
9 posts since 14 Aug, 2011

Re: VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:35 pm

thanks

User avatar
thejonsolo
KVRAF
2119 posts since 13 Apr, 2008 from Charleston, SC

Re: VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:00 pm

Website is up for me.

Rastkovic
KVRist
49 posts since 26 Jul, 2018 from North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Re: VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:00 am

Yes! Maybe it was down for maintenance at the weekend....
::keep calm, and make great sounds

v1o
KVRAF
1500 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Re: VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:53 am

Website is up for me. VK-1 is such a great synth - probably one of the best freeware synths of all time.

I hope Blamsoft ports Expanse to VST/AU that will give it a new lease of life and provide huge competition for Xfer Records Serum.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”