Native Instruments Battery 1, Win-XP?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Been reaching out to NI already, but thought someone here might be able to help as well.

Looking for NI Battery Version 1.x for XP! Any idea where to get hands on / download legacy versions like these? Any help appreciated. Thank you so much!

sh

Battery 2 and 3 also run on xp.
If you post in the buy/sell forum I’m sure you’ll find someone to sell you a serial for it.

Yes, but will they load properly in projects that use Battery 1?

They will load properly, but if you want them to load and contain battery 1 kits you haven’t saved first, then I don’t know if that will work.

Thx. Meaning though they would load, replace the Battery 1 instance, but would be empty and not showing/playing the samples originally saved with the project in the first place?

almost certainly yes

Thank you all so much. Will keep looking for a Version 1.

BTW, the 'yes' was to B2 not finding B1 patches. It doesn't seem like any host is going to auto-replace 1 with 2 either. Caveat, I didn't use Battery before 2.
But NI, with real version numbers allows both to co-exist, ie., Kontakt 2 was not found where Kontakt 1 was instantiated in a host project; these are separate programs.

Thanks for clarifying. Need v1.x for some projects from the early 2000's.

Would only need the VSTi for starters, not the Library, probably!

Acid Mitch wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:37 am Battery 2 and 3 also run on xp.
If you post in the buy/sell forum I’m sure you’ll find someone to sell you a serial for it.
Thx, of course! Posted in Buy/Sell as well.

Stellavie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:01 pm Would only need the VSTi for starters, not the Library, probably!
Nope. You'd need the standalone as well - the plugin refers to the standalone for a lot of the processing.

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:12 am
Stellavie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:01 pm Would only need the VSTi for starters, not the Library, probably!
Nope. You'd need the standalone as well - the plugin refers to the standalone for a lot of the processing.

ew
Thank you, good point. Seems nobody has B1 to sell/share though.

i'm unfortunately in the same boat.
I have the Battery 1 manual and therefore the registration key.
I don't have the CD/DVD installer (which is required to properly install)
I've been sent a NI Battery 1 full package in the mail, a month ago, and it has gone missing.
Nowhere online does it seem that anyone has NI Battery 1, and people aren't even selling it on eBay.
I don't get it. I'm wildly going through all my CDs and DVDs hoping the installer will be there but i just can't find it.
I don't need Battery 4, 3 or 2. NI refuse to send me Battery 1 ISO download and tell me to install the Service Center on a 21 year old laptop which doesn't have wi-fi and really shouldn't be put online. I just want Battery 1. How can this be so hard?

Battery 1 anyways cannot be authorized any longer since Service Center was put out a couple of years ago.

Return to “Instruments”