Kushview Elements Modular Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone have this for some time yet?? It's on sale for $32 and looks to be the only real competition to DDMF's Metaplugin (just waiting for a license transfer). It's been in very steady development for 2 years-ish ... I'm still using Studio Units (a ffffackin sweet dream this thing) but development stopped some time ago. I'm wondering about stability with others

I have it as I got it for a good price in a sale. Development seems to have picked up lately. I also have Metaplugin. To be honest I haven't really delved into the complex stuff that Elements provides and generally stick with Metaplugin.

One advantage of Elements is that you can search for a plugin in a text field. On the other hand, Metaplugin lets you close the main window and just have the embedded plugin window(s) open by themselves.

Studio Units was the real winner here. Can't try Bidule because the plugin version only works for registered users. I also have VSTForx which is fantastic, but does NOT seperate stereo in/out, which is largely why you'd want something like this. Parameter control in VSTForx is exactly why I got it (and its ultra low price) but I don't know how actively it's still being developed.

Studio Units has first class everything - stability, accessible low level implementation, full routing control - too friggin bad it never went 64bit. Metaplugin looks good but has no internal controllers of its own.

What I love to do, for example, is gang controls of multiple vsts, like filters or delays to make unique chorus, verb, delays etc. VSTForx is made with this as its primary focus, it's very easily implemented in Studio Units, but Metaplugin nada.

Bidule has the necessary routing capabilities, but I don't know about its internal controls/modulators. I know it does low level stuff, but I'm not a coder/dev so I don't want code language shenanigans. Any more info on Bidule would be greatly appreciated. I'll get the demo and try it anyway, but the plugin's stability I have no way of testing

I also got it in a sale awhile back. Totally pleased with it. I use it pretty simply, mostly the standalone version as a VST host for jamming and practicing guitar without having to fire up Reaper. Makes a good chainer as a VST, too.

Besides the fact that it's been stable for me, the big decidng factor was that the GUI is resizeable. I tried out a lot of VST hosts and chainers, and they all fell down on that issue on my 4K monitor. I forget which one it was, maybe Metaplugin(?), but you could enlarge the GUI, but all the text stayed tiny. Completely unusable.

Element at $32 is a no-brainer, IMHO.

Return to “Effects”