Goodbye SampleTank 4 .....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After almost 3 weeks trying to get ST4 working on my Windows 10 machine, I just erased the 128GB SampleTank 4 USB. It feels great !!

Kudos to Peter from IK for really trying to help, but it was IK support that did not come through.
Briefly:
USB arrived with incorrect serial number.
IK gave me another serial #
I had ST4 standard, but the ST4 content had a lock on it so I could not access ST4 content, only ST3
Updated to 4.02 then 4.03
4.0.3 FINALLY would show patches, but I kept getting a " could not find path" alert on any ST4 patch.

I have re-installed ST4 a least 4 times, on default paths and on a 2nd hard-drive.

On Mar 22 begged them to do a remote tech support, said they would call today the 25th.
Never Called.

Sigh.....

There sometimes seemed to be a language problem of actually reading my email and not just send a stock tech support canned answer.(Italy?) .
I would send multiple screenshots and ask specific questions, IE; is the USB the correct size? Are these the correct files to this folder? What are the exact paths the folders should be at? etc.

They wouldn't answer the questions I asked, or come back with obvious statements like "your files are not in the correct folders"
It was IK's INSTALLER that did it, not me.

Twice, someone sent me screenshots of ST4 Max to compare with my folders. I told them I had ST4 standard, not the MAX version (twice). An obvious canned answer...

I thought of selling the USB, but IK wants $20 to transfer serial #'s. really?.

If you're reading this IK, I'd be happy that you'd refund the $164.76 for a product you could not fix for me, but I doubt that will happen.

Folks, don't fret for me. I have All the Arturia Collection, All of Spectrasonics, NI Komplete, All of Rob Papen Explorer, and many more (too many <G>)

The Beatles and Creedence Clearwater Revival only had 2 guitars, bass and drums. I'm sure I'll get by.

Adios, IK Multmedia, and hope you create an Installer that works for everyone.....

Didint buy it, but I’d been lurking around that thread for a while now. What a complete mess this entire situation is...
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

mrsugmad wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:44 pm If you're reading this IK, I'd be happy that you'd refund the $164.76 for a product you could not fix for me, but I doubt that will happen.
Can you file a dispute with your credit card company ? You can't just let IK rip you off like that it's criminal. :(
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Peter certainly seems to be a great resource for the company, and it's a shame that he's not been head hunted by a better company than IK.

Personally I find them to be more concerned with profits than they are with their customers - I gave up on them years ago when they wanted me to pay to re-download software that I had already purchased. I can't think of any other company does that, and it's a money-grab too far for me.
Sweet child in time...

Deep Purple wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:33 pm Peter certainly seems to be a great resource for the company, and it's a shame that he's not been head hunted by a better company than IK.

Personally I find them to be more concerned with profits than they are with their customers - I gave up on them years ago when they wanted me to pay to re-download software that I had already purchased. I can't think of any other company does that, and it's a money-grab too far for me.
Yea I feel bad for Peter. He got a lot of angry people at him but he's just the messenger. He didin't write the Code...

And It is borderline Criminal to be truthful. The amount of people having issues has to be substantial I would think...
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

That’s funny, I always thought “PeterIK” that shows up and on all the music Internet forums was a company profile used by whoever was on duty at IK. I guess I never considered Peter to be one person who scowers the internet music forums righting the ills of the jilted IK customer. I guess I’m wrong.
That said, I’ve had several pleasant exchanges on different forums with the Peters or Peter, which ever see it is, and do agree it is a great resource for IKmultimeda.

nah Peter seems to be a decent bloke but the company sucks... even more now i think. they need to realize when they lose these consumers they will NOT be back on the next 'product' release. i agree a better company should grab Peter up... he keeps his cool even when the world is against him as a lot of it is right now. he is quite civil even when personally attacked and should be a role model of any other support person that deals with the public in this manner. cheers and kudos to Peter
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

I can assure you, Peter is a real person. I've met him and he's as professional in person as he is online.
That said, if you haven't realized it yet, this is his job, to promote and put out fires. The fact that he's done it long enough to be able to help in technical ways when and where he can is a plus. And yes, I also belong to the "done with IK" club. But I do hold out for some unknown future hope that they'll find a consistency across all machines that to date, seems to vex them.

But Peter is a stand up guy.
Not sure IK could do without their department. At least, not yet.

If there's an account anywhere that specifies Peter that is one person, and is me. So now I hope I'm no longer an "it" as above (no offense taken, I got a chuckle out of the whole message honestly and thank you for that) and you CAN assume my gender and refer to me as "he" if you wish. :)

All levity aside, thank you to those who have expressed appreciation (or sympathy? ok ok, I said I'd provide no more levity! *slaps himself*) including OP. I've reached out directly to OP to get to the bottom of the issues and if all goes well - and OP is a fan of corny if sometimes absurd humor this will be a sure thing - I will be successful in my aim to make them happy with the outcome.

Also, since I see Teksonik posted above, I should have directly apologized in the other thread instead of indirectly while including you in a multi-apology so I'll say it here: I'm sorry to have let some cracks show in frustration and the heat of the moment in a reply to you. Just as I believe there's less than 1% (probably FAR less) directly aimed at me personally, there's surely nothing personal toward you from me either as I quite like your contribution to KVR as a whole and would be suspicious if you didn't keep me on my toes. I can't speak for the rest of KVR, so you're on your own there.

But this is OP's thread and I have reached out and plan to help however I can so at the end of the day there's a happy camper one way or another which is my main point.

Just saw your post too, BBFG# and I'm nothing if I don't take the opportunity to make yet another corny comment. But first, thank you (you're included in the above, so don't take too many thanks, save some for everybody) and I enjoyed getting the opportunity to meet and speak with you in person. Second, I am indeed currently doing my best to be a stand up guy but I'm not getting any younger and have a years-old back injury so I'm doing so with some major effort and sometimes pain so I'm hoping I can sometimes also do my best for you all laying down or otherwise hunched or creaking and such. I hope we skew a bit older here so I've got some partners in crime on this topic, I certainly don't want sympathy - I'll take some empathy though as we've surely got a lot of geezers and otherwise misfit toys laying about.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's too bad about the OP's problem, and it does sound as if he at least tried to resolve it through the proper channels.

In IKMM's defense, I've called their tech support directly--twice--and twice spoke to people right here in Florida. They were helpful and got me on my way with no fuss. And while I haven't interacted with Peter much, he's been helpful and professional with me when the time came.

I hope this all works out for the OP, and I (for one) appreciate the fact that he didn't just come here screaming, throwing a fit, and hoping "IKMM goes bankrupt" (or some such nonsense) as some tend to do. That doesn't really help anyone. The OP certainly has a right to be upset, but he's handled it very well--probably better than I would have! :wink:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

I was right; everything I thought WAS wrong. :o
“For he’s a jolly good fellow... which nobody can deny”

Seriously though, thanks Peters :clown: keep up the good work.

more files, more code more headaches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHI7RTKhlz0
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Another helpful Layzer comment!

...UPDATE....

Peter got me in contact with someone at IK. We discussed my issues and I made the decision to request a refund. IK has refunded me and everyone is (somewhat) satisfied.

I wish we could have gotten ST4 running on my setup, but time was a factor as I have projects to finish.

Peter, thanks for your assistance. !!

Regards,
Mike

Return to “Instruments”