Earth Pulse

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After serveal years of hiatus, I decided to return to music making. Here's the first song I wrote, played, mixed and mastered after all those years - now under the name of Hernik Wayne: Earth Pulse.

Power, subtle elements and rhythm brought together to form an enjoyable experience. At least that's what I hope.

https://soundcloud.com/henrikwayne/earth-pulse

My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 8
Performance - 7.5
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 7.25

Comments: Low scraping elements in beginning are barely audible. Can probably either be brought up in volume or EQ'd better. Track takes way too long to get going. It's about 1:15 in before it does anything, and then not for very long. I guess I might as well get used to this minimalist stuff that seems to be dominating this sub forum lately. Anyway, musically, very stagnant. Two and a half minutes in you've pretty much got the whole piece. The mix, outside of my opening remarks, if good. The instrument sounds are cool. The performance is competent. Just wish there was more actual music to listen to.

Thank you for your feedback.
daRem - PinkLime Studios

i liked the drums n bass. for a D&B track it works.
good mix too. :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Enjoyed the sound-design, especially with all the space given in the intro. Good mix of dynamics. Would really be elevated by a different section, but enjoyed it for what it was.

I liked it, and I think it's a great return for you. Love the sounds, and the production is clean and precise. I don't think there is anything "minimalist" about it.

Thank you all for your feedback. I really appreciate all your input!
More to follow pretty soon ;-).
daRem - PinkLime Studios

The stop and go feeling is great, that bass really glues this track together, rhythmically it’s very interesting. Good job.

Nice feeling so far. At times i think it could be filled here and there but it works as it is and is a nice listen.
Kind of little hypnotic.

Return to “Music Cafe”