Bjork - 'Hunter' (CLOZVRE remix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Intimidated by the amount of creativity that goes into Bjork's music and worries of a remix by myself not doing her music justice, I have decided to just go for it anyway. Here is my remix of 'Hunter by Bjork from her 'Homogenic' LP. Hope you enjoy.

Listen:
https://soundcloud.com/clozvre/bjork-hu ... zvre-remix

Love the brutal programming, but I would have held way back on the complete over-squashing. It's also a shame that you couldn't have got hold of the vocal stems so that they could have been a bit more prominent, as opposed to having to use the whole song, intact.

Either way, I enjoyed it, and it was definitely worth the punt :tu:

Fun stuff :-) I'd lose the kick roll buildup, it's a bit crass compared to everything else. But I like the way the song pokes through the glitches, it gives more of a "mashup" than "remix" feel which works well for this because it's not like Hunter can really be improved directly ;-) It comes across as a bit of fun that loves the original

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:16 pm Love the brutal programming, but I would have held way back on the complete over-squashing. It's also a shame that you couldn't have got hold of the vocal stems so that they could have been a bit more prominent, as opposed to having to use the whole song, intact.

Either way, I enjoyed it, and it was definitely worth the punt :tu:
Thanks for listening man! I had a lot of fun with it. Send me something of yours and I'll be sure to check it out! I really love slamming the master chain because of the aggressive and loud results it creates. Makes the music feel more alive in my opinion. But I can see why some may disagree with this. Anyway, thanks for your feedback dude! Can't wait to hear your stuff. :tu:

imrae wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:29 am Fun stuff :-) I'd lose the kick roll buildup, it's a bit crass compared to everything else. But I like the way the song pokes through the glitches, it gives more of a "mashup" than "remix" feel which works well for this because it's not like Hunter can really be improved directly ;-) It comes across as a bit of fun that loves the original
Thanks yo! I appreciate you checking it out and leaving feedback! Send me your tunes! I'd love to listen. :phones:

CLOZVRE wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:20 pmCan't wait to hear your stuff.
Click on the link in my signature :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”