Cubase Loopmash alternative???

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Trancit
KVRAF
2047 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:34 am

Is there any VSTi out there offering loading multiple loops and randomly playing chops of one or the other with further tweakability???

User avatar
Dmitry Petrenko
KVRist
112 posts since 21 Nov, 2013 from Russia

Re: Cubase Loopmash alternative???

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:51 am

First come to mind: FXPansion Geist 2; AIR Transfuser 2; Acussonus Regroover.

Trancit
KVRAF
2047 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Re: Cubase Loopmash alternative???

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:06 am

Dmitry Petrenko wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:51 am
First come to mind: FXPansion Geist 2; AIR Transfuser 2; Acussonus Regroover.
Is there a way in Geist 2 to randomly trigger loop slices of different engines???
Transfuser is to shitty... 8) sorry I hate the GUI
Regroover just puts different elements of the same loop on seperate tracks... not what I want...

User avatar
Dmitry Petrenko
KVRist
112 posts since 21 Nov, 2013 from Russia

Re: Cubase Loopmash alternative???

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:31 am

quote=Trancit post_id=7352349 time=1553508399 user_id=34695]
Dmitry Petrenko wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:51 am
First come to mind: FXPansion Geist 2; AIR Transfuser 2; Acussonus Regroover.
Is there a way in Geist 2 to randomly trigger loop slices of different engines???

Yes.

Geist 2 has a different working principle with looped pieces — a pattern system, but it has several levels of working with loops / slices (pad / layers / scene / song), including separate processing of each level, as well as sampling / resampling on the fly. Better to watch a series of specialized video tutorials. For example (although this is the first and two version).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bu7BVgx9QQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHb1hmCOUCE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvWxpM07P9c
Last edited by Dmitry Petrenko on Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

pbelchamber
KVRer
6 posts since 19 Sep, 2004

Re: Cubase Loopmash alternative???

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:31 am

If you have NI Reaktor, Ultraloop from Twisted Tools might be what you are after. Polyplex, also made by Twisted Tools (but only sold on the NI website) looks very similar to Ultraloop, but it costs a bit more.

Trancit
KVRAF
2047 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Re: Cubase Loopmash alternative???

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:46 am

pbelchamber wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:31 am
If you have NI Reaktor, Ultraloop from Twisted Tools might be what you are after. Polyplex, also made by Twisted Tools (but only sold on the NI website) looks very similar to Ultraloop, but it costs a bit more.
Ultraloop looks great, thx...

User avatar
W23
KVRist
355 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Re: Cubase Loopmash alternative???

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:54 am

PolyPlex is more of a drum module, like S-layer. I own Ultraloop and it’s cool but, I got quite a bit of mileage out of Ableton Live’s follow actions and a handful of loops. There are Max for Live modules that will do the same thing. I recently moved over to Logic Pro X and you can do the same thing with a handful of Apple Loops, if you pack them into a Takes Folder and just use the selection tool to carve out the parts you like and bounce as a take. I don’t know what DAW you use but, there are a lot of different ways to get there

User avatar
humpo72
KVRer
22 posts since 24 Jul, 2014 from London, UK

Re: Cubase Loopmash alternative???

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:36 am

Xfer Records Nerve might fit the bill.

SoundPorn
KVRian
718 posts since 24 Jul, 2018

Re: Cubase Loopmash alternative???

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:55 am

Air Transfuser 2. They have no idea what it's capable of.

jclosed
KVRer
22 posts since 10 Sep, 2015

Re: Cubase Loopmash alternative???

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:19 am

Hmm... Maybe Izotope's Breaktweaker?

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/cre ... eaker.html

You can import mono or stereo samples in WAV or AIFF in the sample generator and manipulate them all you want.

To be honest - I have not played around with this plugin (yet), so I cannot say if it's a good Loopmash alternative (yes I own Cubase, so I have played around with Loopmash a few times).

Trancit
KVRAF
2047 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Re: Cubase Loopmash alternative???

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:10 am

humpo72 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:36 am
Xfer Records Nerve might fit the bill.
Too expensive for what I want to do... but thx...
jclosed wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:19 am
Hmm... Maybe Izotope's Breaktweaker?
Can load only one file at the time...
Loopmash loads multiple loops and randomly play chops from the different loops
SoundPorn wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:55 am
Air Transfuser 2. They have no idea what it's capable of.
I don´t like it at all... For me it´s nothing but confusing... 8)

SoundPorn
KVRian
718 posts since 24 Jul, 2018

Re: Cubase Loopmash alternative???

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:32 pm

Yeah Transfuser can be confusing because it's almost like all of Reason10 consolidated into a VST and it's like 10 years old which is kinda crazy. But it's on sale for $30 right now at Don'tCrack and JRR and since you want specifically multiple loops it's going to fit the bill perfectly I wouldn't be surprised if Loopsmash wasn't inspired by Beatcutter from Transfuser, and it will even chop the loops for you.
Also You can maybe check out Tantra 2 by DS and Looperator and Artillery by Sugar Bytes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlfKNYOYvNw
Trancit wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:10 am
humpo72 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:36 am
Xfer Records Nerve might fit the bill.
Too expensive for what I want to do... but thx...
jclosed wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:19 am
Hmm... Maybe Izotope's Breaktweaker?
Can load only one file at the time...
Loopmash loads multiple loops and randomly play chops from the different loops
SoundPorn wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:55 am
Air Transfuser 2. They have no idea what it's capable of.
I don´t like it at all... For me it´s nothing but confusing... 8)

Trancit
KVRAF
2047 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Re: Cubase Loopmash alternative???

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:33 pm

Hmmm, from what I´ve seen till now, I guess you guys misunderstood me...

It´s not about any stutter or glitch fx in first place...
What I mainly search for is plugin that similar to LoopMash plays randomly different parts of the loaded loops like shown here (watch the white rectangle which indicates what parts of the loops are played):
https://youtu.be/bIkrWpim0PI?t=6


For all the stutter etc. I´ve got enough plugins capable of that...

Return to “Instruments”