What 32-bit plugs do you wish had a 64-bit update??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does it sound better in 32 bits?
Maybe it sounds more dense and compact?

+1 for SQ8L

Sahul wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:35 pm SuppaTrigga
You're in luck. That is one of the ones that has been ported.

https://github.com/bdejong/smartelectronix

Dozius wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:09 pm
Sahul wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:35 pm SuppaTrigga
You're in luck. That is one of the ones that has been ported.

https://github.com/bdejong/smartelectronix
Indeed, I completely ignored it had been ported to 64-bit. It seems to be working just fine. Thank you very much for the heads up! :tu:

layzer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:57 pm i'll put it this way... there is nothing thats 64bit only that i want updated to 32bit. :hihi: :ud:
I wish there were a 32-bit version of canopener so I could use it in Foobar.

As it is the only way for me to hear my music with sonarworks + canopener is by playing it in my daw, which is kind of annoying.

Stefken wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:04 pm Does it sound better in 32 bits?
Maybe it sounds more dense and compact?
32 bit plugins have more of warm vintage analog sound to them. Thats just my opinion.

Vanguard
Oatmeal
SQ8L (of course)
Variety Of Sounds plugs
Shortcircuit

These arent a problem.in Reaper, but it would be nice to have them as 64 bit.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Bump1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:07 pm But shame about the SQ8L, I sold my ESQ-1 after A/B'ng the patches on both.....just an amazing plug. I've read somewhere that Siegfried has passed? Anyone confirmed this?
I cannot but I did have some correspondence with Sigi from 2008 to 2011.

I was reporting a GUI bug that he resolved and later asked about 64-bit. At the time he wasn't sure if 64-bit would present any issues with his code.. hmmm. And he said he had abandoned the project.

But in 2011 responded to another email to say he was working on a VST3 version that may or may not come to light. I guess we know it just wasn't meant to be.

I do hope he is okay though. That last one, in 2011, where he said he was 'somewhat optimistic' about a 'rebirth' of SQ8L was the last thing I got from him...

HG Fortune - all of them... Ha! They still bridge well but can be finicky sometimes.

Quikquak Rayspace.
Still one of my favourite reverbs, but I don't use it as often as I would like because I don't trust bridged plugins at 100%.
Btw I've just noticed it's not sold anymore, as I was checking for an update...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

dandezebra wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:15 am HG Fortune - all of them... Ha! They still bridge well but can be finicky sometimes.
+1. Yeah, I miss my HG Fortune Synths.

Le Pou had a 32 bit emulation of Wampler's Cranked AC pedal. It would be really nice to have that in 64 bits.

Bump1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:52 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:41 pm ReFX QuadraSID. Because I’m going to have to reproduce some sounds in the Reaktor ensemble InSIDious 6581 just to port a couple projects to 64-bit (Logic X). I’m not a SID programmer and I’m anticipating difficulty with this (or maybe it’ll be easy; I don’t know yet, but my life is all about things being a pain in the ass). I might just give up and render to audio.
inSIDious is 1000x better than QS, IMO...

the main thing about InSIDious, like you mentioned...is programming is SIDstyle...which really is just sequencing a tracker. The way the chords are made on the SID chip is through the arpeggiation.

It's really quite fun...but a bit of a loopy learning curve....but I think you will enjoy it.
I’m not into trackers anymore. I just hope I can get the sounds identical between QuadraSID and InSIDious. I don’t think the patches I used had any kind of sequencer stuff in QuadraSID, so it’s just matching synth parameters, right?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

DJErmac wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:46 am Quikquak Rayspace.
Still one of my favourite reverbs, but I don't use it as often as I would like because I don't trust bridged plugins at 100%.
Btw I've just noticed it's not sold anymore, as I was checking for an update...
What a neat concept that really needed to be pushed further. It needed to actually model a binaural listener. I’ve gone on and on about this problem with “3D” reverbs in several threads. Everything that claims to be 3D or “binaural” is just adding HRTF to reverb or adding reverb to HRTF, neither of which is actual spatial modeling, and Rayspace did neither. There’s almost nothing out there that does it (cue the inevitable list of things people will submit that they think does it, but really doesn’t).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Bump1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:13 pm
Arcvidean wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:53 pm Steinberg plex. The free ppg version crashes every version of Cubase I've used on two computers. Works in the Reaper demo though. Lots of people get it for free while some of us who bought it can't use it, which is a pity as I always rather liked it and miss it.

Arcvidean.
http://plex.hermannseib.com/

you can't use this? I'm assuming this is the PPG version...
Nope this is the one that crashes Cubase, which is a shame.

Arcvidean.

Return to “Instruments”