HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 20/21 Products

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
David
KVRian
807 posts since 5 Jan, 2003 from Brookings, OR

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:39 pm

Astralp wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:23 am

Thanks Zedd and thanks for taking part :)

Here’s a video I made last year for Procession which shows how to do it in all the hosts I own:

https://youtu.be/kcKY7F2si-I

9 To go TIL Midi ARP
Excellent video! For other Logic users it may not be clear that the Plogue or Metaplugin examples are the ones to pick…Or Blue Cat's Patchwork.

Here's a very useful KVR thread all Logic users here should check out (HGS stuff features prominently): Interesting Kontakt Sequencers

My choice has been Patchwork and it works wonderfully well for this, turning ANYthing with MIDI out into an AU MIDIFX.

BUT, best of all will of course be when NI FINALLY offers a MIDIFX version of Kontakt, just as they recently did with Reaktor, a fabulous gift to the Logic user.

EDIT: Best of all will be when Logic fixes AU plugins so they allow MIDI out. NI upgrading Kontakt would be cool, but THIS is what really needs to happen!
Last edited by David on Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF
3648 posts since 27 Jul, 2001 from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Re: HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 16/19 Products FINAL WEEK

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:27 pm

David wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:39 pm

Excellent video! For other Logic users it may not be clear that the Plogue or Metaplugin examples are the ones to pick…Or Blue Cat's Patchwork.

Here's a very useful KVR thread all Logic users here should check out (HGS stuff features prominently): Interesting Kontakt Sequencers

My choice has been Patchwork and it works wonderfully well for this, turning ANYthing with MIDI out into an AU MIDIFX.

BUT, best of all will of course be when NI FINALLY offers a MIDIFX version of Kontakt, just as they recently did with Reaktor, a fabulous gift to the Logic user.
Are you saying that Plogue, Metaplugin and Blue Cat's Patchwork are the best tools to work with for Kontakt and the Homegrown plugins? I use Bidule to test new but especially midi plugins. Please explain it I got it wrong.

"NI FINALLY offers a MIDIFXF ..." is this for Mac only?
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows Pro 10-64bit, i9-9900k, 32 GB RAM.

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:34 pm

zedd wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:05 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:52 pm
looks like I will end up with five Bonus Product Credits.
Decisions ... Decisions
So many great things to choose from!

Do you already have products from previous Group Buys or is this one your first?
This is my third Homegrown Group Buy I have purchased. It's a no brainer for me even If I use only a few of what I got. Now I am being faced with choosing the five Bonus Product Credits. I printed the list and removed all the VST's and rated the rest by how useful they will be to me. So the list now is 15 long so now I have to remove 10 from the list. Not an easy task.
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows Pro 10-64bit, i9-9900k, 32 GB RAM.

zedd
KVRian
990 posts since 19 Apr, 2008

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:50 pm

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:34 pm
This is my third Homegrown Group Buy I have purchased. It's a no brainer for me even If I use only a few of what I got. Now I am being faced with choosing the five Bonus Product Credits. I printed the list and removed all the VST's and rated the rest by how useful they will be to me. So the list now is 15 long so now I have to remove 10 from the list. Not an easy task.
This is also my third, and it left me some pretty easy choices of things I had had my eye on!

Depending on how much listening you want to do of the product demos, you might use the list of the most popular Bonus item choices for this Group Buy. Chances are that you will easily identify the 5 you need in that list of popular choices!

Good luck! :clown:
Somewhere in the background zedd

David
KVRian

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:13 pm

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:27 pm

Are you saying that Plogue, Metaplugin and Blue Cat's Patchwork are the best tools to work with for Kontakt and the Homegrown plugins? I use Bidule to test new but especially midi plugins. Please explain it I got it wrong.

"NI FINALLY offers a MIDIFXF ..." is this for Mac only?
No, not at all. Sorry, I should have made the mention of Logic more prominent, I guess, because my post was only about the issues Logic users have with using Kontakt as a MIDI source.

Logic can only run AU plugins, and AU plugins can NOT send MIDI out. Logic was not included in the video Astralp posted about using Kontakt as MIDI source in various DAWs, but Plogue and Megaplugin were, both of which come in AU format and can run VSTs inside them, as can Patchwork, so any of these is currently the only way (that I know of…anybody got another?) to run Kontakt VST in Logic.

BTW, the way I got MIDI out from Kontakt into Logic before getting Patchwork (don't have either of the others) was to run Kontakt VST in Live and send the MIDI out to Logic via the Mac's MIDI-loopback device, called the IAC driver. (Kontakt stand-alone didn't work well for me at all.) Coming from Live worked fine, but many users are bothered by timing issues with the IAC driver. One advantage of this method is that the MIDI coming in this way can be recorded exactly. The MIDI out from an AU MIDI FX doesn't get recorded inside Logic, only the MIDI input to that track that it works on is. Logic REALLY needs to pull their head out and fix all this IMO!!

Logic DOES offer an AU MIDIFX type, and Reaktor has been issued in that format, so it can do MIDI out in Logic all on its own. If Kontakt came in that format as well, none of these 3rd-party AU-formated VST hosts would be needed to use HG's Kontakt sequencers and arps as is in Logic. Plogue and Patchwork also come in AU MIDI FX format, so that makes using them even easier. Don't know about Metaplugin; if it's just an AU, not available as an AU MIDI FX, you'd have to run both Kontakt and whatever synth you want to send MIDI to, inside it and you'd only get audio out from it to record in Logic.

And yes, since AU plugins and Logic only run on Macs, and Logic's the only device I know of that can even run AU MIDI FX (somebody please pipe up if I'm wrong about that!), all of this is only relevant to Mac users.

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:39 pm

^^^
David,

Thanks for the explanation.

above was edited.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nordickvr
KVRian
1081 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:41 pm

re: Logic X and VSTs, here’s another option.
https://www.newsonicarts.com/html/freestyle.php

David
KVRian

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:45 pm

nordickvr wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:41 pm
Thanks, knew about this but hadn't realized it could be an AU VST host. I guess it's the most expensive of the ones I do now know of… Really powerful, though! Does it have an AU MIDIFX version? I love Vice!
Last edited by David on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

David
KVRian

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:45 pm

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:39 pm
^^^
…exploitation.
???

zedd
KVRian
990 posts since 19 Apr, 2008

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:49 pm

David wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:45 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote:
^^^
…exploitation.
???
He meant "explanation", maybe?

Either that, or he's exploiting our curiosity.
Somewhere in the background zedd

David
KVRian

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:51 pm

zedd wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:49 pm
David wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:45 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote:
^^^
…exploitation.
???
He meant "explanation", maybe?

Either that, or he's exploiting our curiosity.
:hihi:

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:54 pm

^^^
Axpalntion!
No
Explanation
Spelll cheeck canionot be truseted

David
KVRian

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:00 pm

nordickvr wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:41 pm
Here's another one, if still available (from 2014) and working, I heard about recently: MiniHost

I'd already gotten Patchwork when I first heard of it, so I didn't need to explore this—so I haven't… But it looks cool and it's free!

David
KVRian

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:02 pm

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:54 pm
^^^
Axpalntion!
No
Explanation
Spelll cheeck canionot be truseted
You WILL Love Your Robot Overlords!

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:08 pm

I had issues with minihost so I stopped using it.
I use Bidule but also like Patcher in FL Studio and Mux as a VST which I may get one day.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”