if UVI Drum Designer had user imported samples i'd buy it yesterday.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.uvi.net/en/drum-designer
but it doesn't.
so...

back to square 1.
Waiting for Apple to finally update Ultrabeat so I can ditch Battery.

What’s wrong with battery?

Not much to be honest.
lack of retina support? And if you exclude the lib it costs a little much for what it does.

Well, I can’t comment on the retina thing but I’m sure NI sorts this out. The price point is another story. I don’t want to sound cocky but, if you already bought it, it can’t be too expensive obviously. What’s more odd, who in their right mind buys ni plugs on its own, instead of bundle/sale/Komplete? :roll: :clown:

I really don't care about other NI plugs :D

Got it! But I really think you’re missing out on some really cool stuff. If you ever change your mind, i suggest you to take a closer look at Komplete concurrently. Summer is a good time to pull the trigger while ni is having their 50% off deals btw... :party:

they do look nice, some of them anyway. I like reaktor for what it is (reminds me of MaxMSP) but i dont like the reaktor player synths, feels kinda clunky. Absynth hasn't seen an update in ages, and for FM stuff I have Bazille :D

I still use Battery 3 as it's much better than Battery 4....and UVI not implementing import is insane. For drums, it's absolutely a must to allow users to sculpt their own samples, IMO.

yeah, i wrote to them about it and they said "it comes with plenty of samples".

Probably does and probably great, but you know how it is with samples...
which is too bad because the engine looks absolutely great

edit:
just noticed it runs in UVI workstation or UVI falcon, so not a plug of its own. (ew)
Also needs iLok (ew)

search for the perfect drum engine continues

Ploki wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:37 pm yeah, i wrote to them about it and they said "it comes with plenty of samples".

Probably does and probably great, but you know how it is with samples...
which is too bad because the engine looks absolutely great
pretty terrible customer (would be) service in my humble opinion....

UVI, while pretty impressive in the development aspect, cut their nose off to spite their face in terms of marketing appeal.

If you have falcon you could probably add a sample bank

Just purchased this on a whim and you CAN add your own samples, altho it feels janky and hacky, but if you're a nerd and bought Falcon for the flexibility, it's totally possible and you get some pretty weird/unpredictable results. It's exactly why I bought Falcon over the individual soundwares.

There are some issues with Drum Designer, which I won't really go into cause it feels like asking for a lot from something that is already pretty nice. If you're interested in layering drum sounds quickly, it's been pretty great and sounds awesome to me. I DO think being able to add your own samples to the sample list would increase sales of this product, I'm sure they've thought about it. I also wish it came with some more unusual drum sounds than the standard electronic drums, there are some but it is mainly focused on "utility" drums, which honestly will probably make my music better and less annoying.

is drag and drop sample import possible?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:06 pm is drag and drop sample import possible?
No. Drum Designer doesn't allow importing your own samples. If you want to use your own samples just use Falcon.
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:18 pm
Caine123 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:06 pm is drag and drop sample import possible?
No. Drum Designer doesn't allow importing your own samples. If you want to use your own samples just use Falcon.
How would you do it, concerning the organizing and editing of the different drum sounds like kick, snare, toms etc. (multioutputs, filter, fx etc.) and not to loose overview?

Return to “Instruments”