2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They've just started showing up in listings on local store websites so I may have to get me one of these bad boys. Looks like it could be the perfect complement to my Uno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T51W5jAKdU

Perfect Circuit do such great videos. They convinced me to buy an Analog Keys and this is easily the best Skulpt demo I've seen/heard.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I've purchased spray foam insulation and sheetrock this year ... It's music related though as this will be my new man cave when it's done. The garage door is being removed and double sliders going in. That's one of the few things I'm not doing myself. I was originally just going to strap the door to the door guides and remove the bracing, then build a false wall over it. But decided to just go permanent and get some light into the room.

If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

toonertik wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:49 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:13 pm im still, yes still! waiting on my lyra8fx.
it arrived in the uk, on the 22nd of march.
its finally made it as far as liverpool.
now waiting on me to pay the customs fees before being sent out...

absolute thundercunts :x
yeah.. I've been tracking your threats posts like a fedX parcel ;)
bill paid.
let's see if it can do the last 15 miles by tomorrow :lol:

I'd been using the braided patch cables from Modular Addict, which I felt were great with vertical racks. I'm just not sure I like them as much with the curved case, and my particular selection of lengths didn't make sense.

I tried a couple of Tendrils cables for audio interface stuff on the edge of my case, and I like how thin they are and how they lie flat but are easy to move/route out of the way of important controls. But those cost about 2.5x Modular Addict, the max is about 6" too short, and the one US distributor wants to charge more for shipping than just buying them direct from Oz. :dog:

So I ordered some Modular Addict skinny cables. Only 30 total, but I've got 15 of their stacking cables too, so that may be enough. I'm not going to be too quick to sell off the braided ones just in case.

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:25 pm
toonertik wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:49 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:13 pm im still, yes still! waiting on my lyra8fx.
it arrived in the uk, on the 22nd of march.
its finally made it as far as liverpool.
now waiting on me to pay the customs fees before being sent out...

absolute thundercunts :x
yeah.. I've been tracking your threats posts like a fedX parcel ;)
bill paid.
let's see if it can do the last 15 miles by tomorrow :lol:
After being in Liverpool? You'll be lucky to see that again... :hihi:
Sweet child in time...

:hihi:

it made it :o

:tu:
Yesterday bought:
Noise Engineering, Clep Diaz, interesting looking CV generator :hyper:
Doepfer, A-132-4 quad VCA
only 19hp left.

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 amit made it :o
Now what will it make :scared:
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:28 am
vurt wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 amit made it :o
Now what will it make :scared:
heavenly noise! :hyper:
and slightly annoyed neighbours maybe...

i should reiterate, my griping about time it took is no complaint about soma, once my payment cleared,i had tracking info within a few hours. their turnaround is great.

my complaints lie squarely with both paypal for taking 9 days to process a payment and uk customs sitting on the parcel from the 22nd of march till yesterday. that's ridiculous.

worth!
the!
wait!

:ud:

Have fun!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

sings like an angel!
a very dark angel :evil:

:love: :love: :love:

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:37 ammy complaints lie squarely with both paypal for taking 9 days to process a payment and uk customs sitting on the parcel from the 22nd of march till yesterday. that's ridiculous.
Yeah, I remember when I first started buying music on line, I could order a CD from Amazon US on Monday and it would arrive at my hoe in Sydney on Friday. Then 9/11 happened and all that went to hell. Now it takes three weeks or more to get a CD from The States. It sucks.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”