Wavemapper 2...I Surrender

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:44 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:40 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:57 pm How can saving a preset be so hard? What kind of system could have been devised that could make such a simple action be complicated?
You will have to try it to have the full experience... :hihi:
Unfortunately my 7 day trial is long finished. I never tried saving a preset.
I just checked it out on their website, and the demo version doesn't let you save anyway.

"The demo expires after 7 days.
You will not be able to save any presets that you create."

That's usually the case with any synth/sampler plugin actually.

Examigan wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:36 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:57 pm How can saving a preset be so hard? What kind of system could have been devised that could make such a simple action be complicated?
I just checked it out on their website, and the demo version doesn't let you save anyway.

True, although that's usually the case for endless demos. Weird for a time limited demo to not let you save, especially just 7 days. What a ridiculous amount of time to have to test something. It's not like we can put our lives on hold for a week to get to know a synth.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:44 pm

True, although that's usually the case for endless demos. Weird for a time limited demo to not let you save, especially just 7 days. What a ridiculous amount of time to have to test something. It's not like we can put our lives on hold for a week to get to know a synth.
What sold me on his synths was the sounds. Nothing else sounds like them. I didn't really have to demo them other than to make sure they didn't crash my DAW. Once I saw they worked, I bought the same day.

Of all his synths, Phonem is probably the coolest.

Wolfgang has a very different way of doing things. It's not for everybody and some of the architecture is maddening, but once you wrap your head around his stuff, there is just nothing like it.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:35 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:44 pm

What sold me on his synths was the sounds. Nothing else sounds like them. I didn't really have to demo them other than to make sure they didn't crash my DAW. Once I saw they worked, I bought the same day.

Of all his synths, Phonem is probably the coolest.

Wolfgang has a very different way of doing things. It's not for everybody and some of the architecture is maddening, but once you wrap your head around his stuff, there is just nothing like it.
Indeed... his synths are worth the effort. Most of the time if some synth is ever a bit of a hassle I don't bother but the PPG synths are each unique and cannot be replaced.

Well I asked support if they would grant me another demo period and they said no they aren't able to do that. Wow, I guess they don't care about selling their products much. It blows my mind that companies/developers don't see how much a restricted demo can actually diminish sales. I've demo'd something on and off for years before finally buying it.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:30 pm Well I asked support if they would grant me another demo period and they said no they aren't able to do that. Wow, I guess they don't care about selling their products much. It blows my mind that companies/developers don't see how much a restricted demo can actually diminish sales. I've demo'd something on and off for years before finally buying it.
Clean your registry entries for it (if you know how) and you'll get your demo period back.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:46 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:30 pm Well I asked support if they would grant me another demo period and they said no they aren't able to do that. Wow, I guess they don't care about selling their products much. It blows my mind that companies/developers don't see how much a restricted demo can actually diminish sales. I've demo'd something on and off for years before finally buying it.
Clean your registry entries for it (if you know how) and you'll get your demo period back.
Don't know how, couldn't find any entries in the registry editor for anything to do with wavemapper or PPG or wolfgang palm.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:02 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:46 pm
Don't know how, couldn't find any entries in the registry editor for anything to do with wavemapper or PPG or wolfgang palm.
There are only 2 ways to control demo time on a VST.

1. Internal code written to the dll or some other file.

2. Entries made to the registry.

In case 1, simply delete everything on your drive associated with the plugin and then reinstall.

In case 2, delete the registry entries.

That's it. I mean it has to be one of those two things.

Or, if it's tied in to an email address that you registered the plugin with that phones home to the server, simply register with a different email address. And even in that scenario, to phone home, there has to be a file on your computer that does that. So deleting that file will allow you to reactivate the demo period.

Think about it logically. If you had a 2nd PC, and installed the demo there, it would work. So what's the only difference? The only difference is the other PC.

It's just a matter of figuring out what kind of demo control they use. Sometimes that's easy. Other times, not so easy. But it's always possible.

Been using Wavemapper on iPad, and yes it's thoroughly confusing, but it's randomizing features have been giving me some truly great patches.

So it's the best most confusing synth I have.

Return to “Instruments”