New AIR VST, Drum Synth 500, 4 Different Synth Engines.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll just leave this here. What do you guys think? I love Air's vst's and am excited to see them release some new that's not an Akai controller exclusive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH2eattBbkM

Looks cool. The only thing holding me back is that AIR is known to have crazy sales... I will probably just wait for some time
Trance, Trance Is Life

This Joshua Casper guy, I don't have any respect for him at all (about the same amount as for AIR tbh). So full of shit. But or course, he is associated with Plugin Boutique and just want to sell the crappy plugins.

To be honest though, Drum Synth 500 doesn't look, or sound, THAT bad, and most of the plugins AIR have made are not totally crap (only overpriced), but AIR's lack of updates of older plugins have made me loose all respect for them.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Received an email about it. Tried to DEMO it. Installed it and when I launch my DAW, this "DEMO" throws up a pop up window and it wants an "Activation Code". I was NOT emailed any DEMO activation code. There is NO "run as DEMO" option on the pop up screen. ONLY options are to quit or purchase an activation code. Now I have something installed that I can't DEMO. How a software company does not know how to do DEMOS in 2019 is beyond me, but it reflects poorly on the legitimacy and competency of the company.

If Air products are causing me headaches to get the DEMO to work, imagine the headaches coming if you actually buy something from them.

I'll pass... on this and EVERY OTHER Air product to come.

Going to uninstall this USELESS, scam DEMO I foolishly installed. It's really just a nag screen to purchase the application.

Carpenter wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:57 pm Received an email about it. Tried to DEMO it. Installed it and when I launch my DAW, this "DEMO" throws up a pop up window and it wants an "Activation Code". I was NOT emailed any DEMO activation code. There is NO "run as DEMO" option on the pop up screen. ONLY options are to quit or purchase an activation code. Now I have something installed that I can't DEMO. How a software company does not know how to do DEMOS in 2019 is beyond me, but it reflects poorly on the legitimacy and competency of the company.

If Air products are causing me headaches to get the DEMO to work, imagine the headaches coming if you actually buy something from them.

Going to uninstall this USELESS, scam DEMO I foolishly installed. It's really just a nag screen to purchase the application.
Are you sure??!! I just Demo-ed it no scam here just buttons to "activate" "try" and an area to enter a code if you brought it. I think it's very nice but not for me because of the big CPU hit. My old box doesn't have the horsepower. :oops:

Carpenter wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:57 pm Received an email about it. Tried to DEMO it. Installed it and when I launch my DAW, this "DEMO" throws up a pop up window and it wants an "Activation Code". I was NOT emailed any DEMO activation code. There is NO "run as DEMO" option on the pop up screen. ONLY options are to quit or purchase an activation code. Now I have something installed that I can't DEMO. How a software company does not know how to do DEMOS in 2019 is beyond me, but it reflects poorly on the legitimacy and competency of the company.

Without trying to be to rude, Did you actually try to fix the issue or did you go straight here to make that long winded and incredibly overdramatic rant about air.

I for one am happy that air is making new products again. They aren’t the greatest audio company in the world but people who say they are terrible are misguided. For the prices they have you get some killer stuff.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

I hope they'll bring out a Hybrid 4 at some point. They could really rock the place with that one, if they get the DSP right. I think Hybrid 3 has a lot of potential, but, it's sort of a unpolished diamond.

chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:13 pm I hope they'll bring out a Hybrid 4 at some point. They could really rock the place with that one, if they get the DSP right. I think Hybrid 3 has a lot of potential, but, it's sort of a unpolished diamond.
Exactly! Sounds very nice, but some features just seem to be rushed. For example, the unison sounds great but it's only monophonic, huge bummer...
Trance, Trance Is Life

This seems like a neat toy box for electronica. Had no issues with trial, just install and login with iLok account.

i bought it a few of days ago, bloody love it

I lease it for around $8 a month and yes you need locked. It's cool but I've only had it a few months. I have a 4 year old HP pc w/8 gif of ram and it presents no problem so far.

Return to “Instruments”