Unfiltered Audio's Euro Reakt for Reaktor 6.3

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
antic604
KVRAF
2188 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:31 am

Michael Hetrick's instant classic Euro Reakt has received a full upgrade for Reaktor 6.3! This comprehensive collection of 140 Blocks now has front-panel patching support, Rack support, NKS support, and 100 example Racks to get you started.

To use every included Rack, make sure to also pick up a copy of Euro Reakt - Free Edition, which includes 18 Blocks not found here and additional Racks to explore!
https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/collect ... euro-reakt

AFAIKT it's a paid, cables-up-front version of the free set available in Reaktor User Library.

Currently $79, full price after 15/5 $99

Meh... If it was sold via Plugin Alliance then I'd probably get it using the monthly voucher, but otherwise - nah.
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - Psytrance in Bitwig Studio tutorial

SLiC
KVRAF
3395 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Unfiltered Audio's Euro Reakt for Reaktor 6.3

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:48 am

I'm confused, is this a version for people who don't own Reaktor (Player?)
Selling blocks?
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

GaryG
KVRAF
5731 posts since 13 Jan, 2003 from Kent, UK

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:58 am

SLiC wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:48 am
Selling blocks?
My understanding is that these commercial 'Rack' blocks will work in Reaktor Player so no need for the full version to use them. Opening up another revenue stream from people who have no interest in creating their own blocks/ensembles etc.
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")

twolegstoneworks
KVRian
1353 posts since 12 Jun, 2003 from Denmark

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:22 am

GaryG wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:58 am
SLiC wrote:
Selling blocks?
My understanding is that these commercial 'Rack' blocks will work in Reaktor Player so no need for the full version to use them. Opening up another revenue stream from people who have no interest in creating their own blocks/ensembles etc.
Yes, they'll work in Player, but as far as I've understood this concept, you also have to buy them to use them in full Reaktor (for Racks).. ?
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Rastkovic
KVRist
43 posts since 26 Jul, 2018 from North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:28 am

SLiC wrote:
Selling blocks?
The "new" official Partner Blocks Modules working in both applications. Reaktor Player and Reaktor 6.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... r-partners
::keep calm, and make great sounds

martinjuenke
KVRAF
3239 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:41 am

Following

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

antic604
KVRAF

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:47 am

SLiC wrote:
Selling blocks?
I think NI saw that the model works for Voltage Modular and that even VCV will eventually go that way (VST version will be paid), so why not grab a slice of the market?

SLiC
KVRAF

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:56 am

Yup- I am OK with it (as long as it doesn't kill the free blocks side!). I like the idea of more 'boutique' creators getting some revenue for their work, I think $100 is pushing it- seems better value to buy Reaktor and use the free versions...
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
11427 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:10 am

SLiC wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:56 am
Yup- I am OK with it (as long as it doesn't kill the free blocks side!). I like the idea of more 'boutique' creators getting some revenue for their work, I think $100 is pushing it- seems better value to buy Reaktor and use the free versions...
I prefer the 'Toybox' model, whereby you can make incremental, smaller investments in smaller packs. They also offer the whole pack for those who want the whole kit :tu:

antic604
KVRAF

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:45 am

SLiC wrote:
Well, one could argue $79 for 140 high-quality modules is super cheap, considering VM modules' prices start at $10 a pop I think :)

So, if I get this right the idea is to have 3 products:
- free Blocks Base - basically a player with few free modules as a taster of the "full thing", which also allows you to run (but not edit) the 3rd party modules / racks,
- $99 Block Primes - a Reaktor 6.x without all the primary/core stuff and instead limited to native & 3rd party blocks and cable patching, like VCV, VM or Softube; so you can combine native and 3rd party modules to build stuff,
- $199 Reaktor 6.x - the full thing, closer to Max For Live where one can go as deep the rabbit hole as one wants.

SLiC
KVRAF

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:12 am

antic604 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:45 am
SLiC wrote:
Well, one could argue $79 for 140 high-quality modules is super cheap, considering VM modules' prices start at $10 a pop I think :)

So, if I get this right the idea is to have 3 products:
- free Blocks Base - basically a player with few free modules as a taster of the "full thing", which also allows you to run (but not edit) the 3rd party modules / racks,
- $99 Block Primes - a Reaktor 6.x without all the primary/core stuff and instead limited to native & 3rd party blocks and cable patching, like VCV, VM or Softube; so you can combine native and 3rd party modules to build stuff,
- $199 Reaktor 6.x - the full thing, closer to Max For Live where one can go as deep the rabbit hole as one wants.
I agree its not a lot of money, but you get a lot of very high quality modules free with VCV- the amazing core modules (including the MI stuff) and a lot of very generous developers (then the pick and mix playground at 10-20 bucks for premium modules). Of course there will be a paid version of VCV soon (that also runs as a VST) but the free version that 'hosts' VST with the little paid host is pretty hard to beat- I have the full Reaktor but I prefer VCV as a framework- fast, simple, fully scalable and it just works really well with a pretty low CPU hit.

vurt
addled muppet weed
42842 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:53 am

well you get plenty of stuff in blocks itself that you dont need additional bits really, unless you want them.
same as vcv, the program itself is fully usable, with extras available :shrug:

i think the two bundles (this and toybox) are great value for money given the number of modules in each.
but not essential for getting something going :tu:

(i have neither, not even the free toybox stuff yet)

that said, vcv is also great. we should celebrate the fact we have such high grade options 8)

Reefius
KVRian
551 posts since 7 Dec, 2013 from Belgium

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:25 am

antic604 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:31 am
Meh... If it was sold via Plugin Alliance then I'd probably get it using the monthly voucher, but otherwise - nah.
If it was sold via Plugin Alliance the price would most likely be $279 instead of $79 :hihi:

W23
KVRist
349 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:38 am

This is definitely in response to VCV Rack. The paid ToyBox and UA Blocks are really for the free Reaktor Blocks/Base crowd. Apparently it won’t affect the User Library Blocks (the EuroReakt Blocks are still free, for example). However, all the User Library stuff only works in the full Reaktor patching window. They basically made a free version with front patch cables, which is a really neat idea when you think about it but, I think all the existing blocks users from way back really would have liked to see the functionality extended to them as well.

vurt
addled muppet weed
42842 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:41 am

W23 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:38 am
This is definitely in response to VCV Rack. The paid ToyBox and UA Blocks are really for the free Reaktor Blocks/Base crowd. Apparently it won’t affect the User Library Blocks (the EuroReakt Blocks are still free, for example). However, all the User Library stuff only works in the full Reaktor patching window. They basically made a free version with front patch cables, which is a really neat idea when you think about it but, I think all the existing blocks users from way back really would have liked to see the functionality extended to them as well.
theres a post in the modular forum that copied a response from ni that basically says "watch this space" on that issue. theres more to come for builders, this was more to get non builders hooked in ;)

viewtopic.php?p=7373164#p7373164

Return to “Instruments”