Beast

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all,

First time posting here. I'm in the process of putting together my first album, and I'm having a hard time reaching any kind of an audience. I'd love some feedback, if you're interested. Happy to return the favor. Here's my most recent track:
https://beast.bandcamp.com/track/chimeric-noise

It's pretty cool! I could picture it being in a movie soundtrack. Love the cover art too.

Thanks for listening and for the feedback, @pianowillbebach! Movie and game soundtracks are a definite inspiration for this project.

Love the rhythmic percussive element that comes in at 3:00.
The lead synth brass at 3:18 starts off OK, but becomes overwhelming and isn't given space to rest and breath.
Overall pretty good tho.

Bansaw wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:04 am Love the rhythmic percussive element that comes in at 3:00.
The lead synth brass at 3:18 starts off OK, but becomes overwhelming and isn't given space to rest and breath.
Overall pretty good tho.
Thanks @Bansaw, that's excellent feedback. That lead is meant to sound reminiscent of bagpipes and/or a tin whistle, but good to know it sounds grating to some people. Maybe I'll back it off and add some larger reverb to it.

Great into, like the drums at 2:30-ish. Switch at 4:40 was a bit of a surprise. Sounds good though, just not what I was expecting to happen next.

wonderful dynamics here.
i liked the intro, the guitar tone, not so much... kind of screechy
and the snare panned hard left was a little odd.
enjoyed.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:43 pm wonderful dynamics here.
i liked the intro, the guitar tone, not so much... kind of screechy
and the snare panned hard left was a little odd.
enjoyed.
Thanks layzer, definitely still playing with space a lot as I'm learning to mix, so that's valuable feedback. I might move the snare in a bit. The guitar-style lead is meant to be really rough and overdriven, but I'll try softening the high end.
sjm wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:49 pm Great into, like the drums at 2:30-ish. Switch at 4:40 was a bit of a surprise. Sounds good though, just not what I was expecting to happen next.
Thanks sjm, I was thinking of using this track in the context of transitioning between a slower, more ambient song and a louder, faster one, so I structured it this way to work as a kind of bridge. It was also an exercise in seeing how sections with different feelings could work off the same sort of motif/progression.

It seemed a little disjointed to me. The atmospherics were nice and you have some good ideas but it was hard for me to make sence of what you were trying to communicate. It does seem pretty original In an abrasive sort of way. Maybe other people will like that.

Hey all, thanks for the excellent feedback so far! I really appreciate it. I made a shorter, simpler song, just published now:
https://beast.bandcamp.com/track/little-caromer

Criticism very welcome. Thanks for listening!

Return to “Music Cafe”