Unfiltered Audio's Euro Reakt for Reaktor 6.3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just to emphasize: the User Library version of Euro Reakt (https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... show/9093/) will remain free, so there's no pressure to buy the new version if you are happy with the old workflow.

I posted a list of the advantages on the Reaktor forum:
- Front panel patching
- Rack files use significantly less storage space. A typical Blocks Ensemble for me is around 80+ MB. A Rack is a few kilobytes. This means that I'm experimenting and saving many more Racks. The Euro Reakt package comes with 100 example Racks, each with NKS tags and mapping.
- Graphics have been improved, a lot of which is thanks to Jonathan on the Reaktor team.
- Tooltips have been implemented on every port and knob. A lot of them were missing.

yeah, finally!!!!

W23 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:38 pm This is definitely in response to VCV Rack. The paid ToyBox and UA Blocks are really for the free Reaktor Blocks/Base crowd. Apparently it won’t affect the User Library Blocks (the EuroReakt Blocks are still free, for example). However, all the User Library stuff only works in the full Reaktor patching window. They basically made a free version with front patch cables, which is a really neat idea when you think about it but, I think all the existing blocks users from way back really would have liked to see the functionality extended to them as well.
SUre , but you can't expect N.I. to alter every existing user library block .
I have now converted my most used blocks , it takes only 5 minutes of work , the biggest work is scaling the block interface because the in/output ports are now actually on the gui
If every U.L. creator would update his block , we can use them instantly .with the new patch system (ensemble mode ).
Rack users will have to wait because user created blocks need online validation
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Is there a way to make polyphonic patches easily with the new racks/front panel patching?

Only how you would do it on a real hardware modular, by multiplying modules and lotsa wires.

Thats a bummer. If NI just added some kind of container for 1 voice, they could easily allow polyphonic instruments. Basically you put all your modules in that box and Reactor virtually creates one for each note. This would obviously be to accomodate people who doesnt want to delve under the hood to wire it up for polyphony.

This is actually how instruments (.ism) in Reaktor do work, but due to how Blocks framework is implemented, polyphony managed at .ism level was not possible.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:37 pm This is actually how instruments (.ism) in Reaktor do work, but due to how Blocks framework is implemented, polyphony managed at .ism level was not possible.
Gotcha. In my opinion, it would be worth considering refactoring that so it can handle it. Even if it means a major overhaul. If I worked at NI, at the very least I would lobby to make a comprehensive estimation of what it would take. For me its a pretty major dealbreaker still to actually use Reaktor. I owned it as a single, and will soon own it again when I upgrade my Komplete to v12, but still I have a hard time seeing myself using it without polyphony. (Due to lack of time, I will remain a fairly casual user even though I'm a thorough Nerd. I could do it the "hard" way, but I just don't have time to micromanage too much, so instead will opt to use something else)

You can use a zillion of other things in Reaktor that do have polyphony tho :P

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:55 pm You can use a zillion of other things in Reaktor that do have polyphony tho :P
Yeah that’s a good point. You can patch one of Reaktor’s polyphonic instruments into the Blocks framework, can’t you?

mrj1nx wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:28 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:37 pm This is actually how instruments (.ism) in Reaktor do work, but due to how Blocks framework is implemented, polyphony managed at .ism level was not possible.
but still I have a hard time seeing myself using it without polyphony. (Due to lack of time, I will remain a fairly casual user even though I'm a thorough Nerd. I could do it the "hard" way, but I just don't have time to micromanage too much, so instead will opt to use something else)
Here I created an effect , it splits the incoming signal in 1024 bands , just like a vocoder (with 1024 bands :lol: .
But instead of a carrier wave I used 1024 sine osc's , so the audio is reconstructed with partials
The fun part is then independently control / detune the partials
So yeah reaktor handles polyphony pretty well

The Magic word of the day : voice info module
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I know it can do polyphony, I was refering specifically to the blocks/rack.

It is technically possible (with a bit of fiddling) to have polyphonic connections between blocks (there are some discussions on the NI form of ways to do this)..

Aliennnn containnmentttttt

andrewbrewer wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:45 am Aliennnn containnmentttttt
Definitely my favorite Rack in the bundle.

Return to “Instruments”