Setting up a Ping Pong delay in RP-Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry for the newbie question, but... i never really was able to figure out RP-Delay. In the manual says that it's easy to set up a Ping Pong delay with the cross parameter, but, i have no idea how to realize this. Any ideas?

Good question. It's a great delay but hard to get my head around I find. Tons of presets that sound amazing but yeah not easy to tweak.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Boone777 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:09 pm Good question. It's a great delay but hard to get my head around I find. Tons of presets that sound amazing but yeah not easy to tweak.
That's exactly how i feel about it. Would love to at least be able to set up a Ping Pong delay. I tried a couple of things, but, didn't succeed. It can't be that difficult, can it?

Try turning of the "equal" button (after "stereo" and "sync" and right before the lengths of L and R). Turn down "regular" feedback and crank up "cross". Set the lengths for left and right differently. Sounds like ping pong to me. ;-) But went through some confusion to get there I admit... :?

Thanks, that at least got me closer now. I still don't know what delay times i have to set to set up a simple 1/8 dotted Ping Pong delay though. And i realized how much i hate this thing actually, because it makes such simple things so damn hard. Guess i'll just forget about it, and go on using Replika XT. :) Thought i could save some CPU cycles, but, RP-Delay actually isn't exactly "cheap" either...

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:20 pmAnd i realized how much i hate this thing actually, because it makes such simple things so damn hard.
Love RP-Delay...Haven't got an effin' clue how to use it :scared:

So many delays have shown up in my plugin folder, and then been shown the door. However, RPD is different. A trip through the presets shows how powerful it is, which just makes it even more frustrating that the UX/GUI is as it is.

I still hold out hope that it will get some RPVerb2-like love :tu:

^ +1

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:39 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:20 pmAnd i realized how much i hate this thing actually, because it makes such simple things so damn hard.
...However, RPD is different. A trip through the presets shows how powerful it is, which just makes it even more frustrating that the UX/GUI is as it is. ...
Nevertheless I find it laughable to not have a pingpong delay in a nowadays product...
Same for Fabfilters Timeless 2... this is nothing but silly and a 100% no-go for me...

PingPong mode is one of the most used modes in modern music as it extremly helps to widen the stereofield 100% mono compatible beside the actual delay effect...

Return to “Effects”