XLN Audio news?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmmm... Anyone else using this with a lot of samples?

It's taking ages to open and use in a project.

Its slow and sluggish once you've got your samples in there.

It's slow to browse presets, even thought I don't really care for those presets. On that same topic of presets... Is it possible to just swap out the patterns but keep the same samples? If not, that be one massive step backwards from the likes of AD1 and AD2 in terms of flexibility.

elxsound wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:21 am Hmmm... Anyone else using this with a lot of samples?

The startup time was improved with update 1.0.1. Maybe that helps.

daw.one wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:13 am
elxsound wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:21 am Hmmm... Anyone else using this with a lot of samples?

The startup time was improved with update 1.0.1. Maybe that helps.
I had added a relatively large folder full of commercial products, each product widely varied in content. I was hoping to avoid selecting things individually, but I guess its required.

I deleted that folder, and XO was much faster. I still haven't added all the specific libraries from the large folder, but I have a feeling XO has a limitation they just don't expect people to hit.

elxsound wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:24 pmI deleted that folder, and XO was much faster. I still haven't added all the specific libraries from the large folder, but I have a feeling XO has a limitation they just don't expect people to hit.
That could well be. I use ~30.000 one shots without issues. I suspect your one shot library is a lot bigger.

how does it manage 300k samples :D i dunno if it's really that many, i need to check.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

daw.one wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:48 pm
elxsound wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:24 pmI deleted that folder, and XO was much faster. I still haven't added all the specific libraries from the large folder, but I have a feeling XO has a limitation they just don't expect people to hit.
That could well be. I use ~30.000 one shots without issues. I suspect your one shot library is a lot bigger.
I purposely didn´t imit it to one shot libraries. I had wanted to see how it would work with samples of different lengths.

It did a great job of rejecting long samples and only importing one shots, but the consequence of that was slow loading times.

That one folder was 20 GB and this was in addition to other one shot libraries.

1.0.2 is out now with UI scaling on Mac (windows coming soon)

Check the online installer
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

Wow, amazing.

XLN XO for 89usd

use 9B1E0F2B code to get 50% off

enjoy and be quick

Yeah they just updated XLN XO as well , does anyone have this and like this ?

deejay2 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:27 am XLN XO for 89usd

enjoy and be quick
Seems the code is generic

Ryan99 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:48 am

enjoy and be quick
It is generic and I am one the fence of using it. Problem is, in case Bestservice will carry the announced 50% off BF price, it should go even lower than $89 there.

mgw38 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:11 am
Ryan99 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:48 am

enjoy and be quick
It is generic and I am one the fence of using it. Problem is, in case Bestservice will carry the announced 50% off BF price, it should go even lower than $89 there.
You can buy Atlas from Algonaut at 49$ (50% off). Similar concept, with a sequencer coming in a free update early 2020.

you can buy atlas cheaper but xln xo has effects on drums, has presets where you can change whole beat with different samples with one click, swing and groove effects, it is obviously more complex, hence more expensive.
but choice is yours always

Every time a comparison between Atlas and XO comes up: DEMO XO! It is way more than a sample organizer.

Return to “Instruments”