Budget vst instruments for psy trance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What would be a good and cheap vst synth for psy trance sounds?

Best, cheapest - Viper.

Surge for free, Ascension for 19$ at Plugin Boutique...

Any freeware FM synth can be useful for psytrance.

KarmaFX's factory preset library is mostly psytrance sounds and it's not expensive.

Right now this is riduclous price
https://youtu.be/N9oFQuFPtjY

Synthmaster Player or Synthmaster.

Ichiro Toda Synth1
TAL Noiz3maker
Surge

Learn the sound design first before buying anything useless.

You can have a chat about the subject here: viewtopic.php?t=475377

isn't Sylenth1 most used vsti by psy trance producers?

Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

The one your DAW includes :wink:

nvmd

buy everything

Well, psytrance.

I think Sylenth and Serum are the default combo these days, Sylenth does acids, various squelchy stuff, trance-ish plucks and leads. One can argue that any decent VA synth can do this but there is something special about Sylenth's filters and effects which makes it very sutiable for these kinds of sounds. Serum does FM-based leads and SFXs, vowel stuff, various wavetable sweeps etc. Both can do that psy bass just fine (though the psybass is not exactly about using a specific synth, it's rather about the processing and programming and eventually it comes down to how good are your speakers and room treatment).

They aren't exactly cheap but i think both have monthly payment scheme.

Good one stop solution must be Viper, it can do all the above and is cheaper than either of them. It's modelled after the Virus which was basically the synth where most of the typical psytrance sounds were originally invented. Check some factory presets in banks 1-3.

Free/magware-wise, I think Synth1, Surge, Dune CM/BE, Zebralette/Zebra CM, Bazille CM/Beatzille will do the job for starters but one day you'll want higher quality sounds and/or more flexibility.

That's my old track, the production is not the tightest and cleanest (the mastering engineer did an amazing job to save it as much as possible, though), but i think it shows most of the typical psytrance sounds, synths used (in order of importance); Viper, Serum, Sylenth, Spire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cTqRpB ... e=youtu.be
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:05 am
... Virus which was basically the synth where most of the typical psytrance sounds were originally invented.
That's not true - first Virus is from 1997, psy and goa trance are older.
That's like saying: without Serum there would be no dubstep... :lol:
Just because something got popular, doesn't mean it pioneered it.

Return to “Instruments”