Steinberg RAST-A

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Steinberg just released a new synth that runs in HALion (and also in the free HALion Sonic SE):

https://new.steinberg.net/rast-a/

I didn't expect much, but it actually sounds pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTDs0gaocsM

I just wished they released it as a VST synth without the need for HALion.

So... it's officially Oberheim season now? (Synapse is working on a Oberheim too, right?)

Nice!

One of their "Partner Series"?
I just went through the Sample Fuel demos as well.
And this seems equally as nice for what it does.
But for me right now it's superfluous as well.
So maybe they'll catch me during a "GAS; Collection Completion" binge.
For now though, I doubt it.

More interested in the doors it seems to be opening for future synths rather than the nostalgia-retro-emu markets.

Isn’t this just new graphics for their analog module?

Of course it is... If you learned that Halion programming (the hard part) you can do it yourself...
As if there isn't enough choice of old fashioned VA... at least its cheaper than BX-Oberhausen, but still not a bargain...

At least it's polyphonic :D

only Hy-Mono isn't, but thats for free

BBFG# wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:56 pm So maybe they'll catch me during a "GAS; Collection Completion" binge.
Yikes! I hate those. :borg:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

No point comparing to an oberheim as it wouldn’t have been made to emulate it. It’s a stripped down retrologue basically. All their dsp based analog synths in hailing’s are just a new macro GUI for that engine.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:32 pm No point comparing to an oberheim as it wouldn’t have been made to emulate it. It’s a stripped down retrologue basically. All their dsp based analog synths in hailing’s are just a new macro GUI for that engine.
You can say the same about ANY Kontakt synth available.
The fact is, Rast-A sounds fantastic.

SmartCat wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:00 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:32 pm No point comparing to an oberheim as it wouldn’t have been made to emulate it. It’s a stripped down retrologue basically. All their dsp based analog synths in hailing’s are just a new macro GUI for that engine.
No you can't, because Kontakt "synths" are sampled instruments. The synths in Halion (like Trium and Voltage) are the same synth as retrologue, with less functions showing on the custom macro GUI. I could be wrong about RAST-A though, maybe it's sample based. Does anyone know? At first I thought it was based on the analog synth module.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:31 pm I could be wrong about RAST-A though, maybe it's sample based. Does anyone know?
Disk space requirement is 48MB, so it doesn't seem to be sample based.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:31 pm
SmartCat wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:00 pm
No you can't, because Kontakt "synths" are sampled instruments. The synths in Halion (like Trium and Voltage) are the same synth as retrologue, with less functions showing on the custom macro GUI. I could be wrong about RAST-A though, maybe it's sample based. Does anyone know? At first I thought it was based on the analog synth module.
I'm guessing he meant Reaktor.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

Is there a demo for this? Can't find it...

Return to “Instruments”