HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 20/21 Products

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
tatanka
KVRian
1051 posts since 13 Jan, 2014

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 am

Maybe a little teaser ? And if its a screen only :-) (I was quiet for more then a week but now I just cant sit still and bursting of curiosity :hyper: )

Astralp
KVRAF
1957 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Re: HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 19/20 Products

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:08 am

Well there is no way to add samples to Kontakt except the way everyone has to add them to zones, they have to be mapped. You can add change the samples in any Kontakt Instrument, but you may break script compatibility if the names change and loop points change. I’ve designed the Drum Machine to be as simple as possible compared to the complexity of previous instruments group structure and I will put a guide in the manual. It’s also easier because they are single hits and so Loop points are not required.

I will hopefully have a screen shot sometime today, but there is still a lot of work to do. I haven’t even got any samples in it yet :)

I’ve been trying to make something single screen, with a lot of options per step, currently each step has:
  • Trigger
  • Bank
  • Wave ID
  • Mode
  • Grid ID
  • Stutter
  • Full Velocity
There will also be 3 send effects, 2 Delays and a Reverb and I’m hoping to have enough controls left to have a send per step for each of them.

To keep within the control limit I’ve made it 5 Drum Sequencers and limited to a maximum of 8 Steps per Row. So it isn’t really anything like a tradition xoxo Drum Machine but has enormous potential due to every step having a mode that will play every X times or a random amount.

Each Row also has Volume, Cutoff, Reso and 3 Send Levels so far.

I did initially start with an edit panel that showed the current selected steps options, but didn’t like that you couldn’t see everything at once. Unusually for me I’ve solely worked on the GUI first and will then build the underlying structure. Most of it has been on pen and paper so far although I’m hoping to get most controls laid out today :) it’s been interesting to work this way for a change.

I’m very close to the slider control limit now, so may have to use value edits for the FX controls.

In terms of patterns, it has 12 and they will directly trigger the sequence. There will also be an Octave or triggers to create sound variations hopefully something like Succession/Magic Thread. The Row Knobs will be part of this, but I’m hoping to have enough Knobs for Wave Offset too.

Ryan99
KVRian
585 posts since 30 Nov, 2011

Post Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:27 am

When is the official not extended end date for products on sale? I’m considering using bonus credits for discounts.

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:06 am

To be honest I have t really made a decision, I’m so wrapped up in getting this Drum Machine built, I’m not really focusing on anything else. I’ll say at least until the end of the month for now :) I may just leave the GB open until then too, once the DM is finished the GB is definitely ending! I’m really hoping to start next month with it over and done with.

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF
3651 posts since 27 Jul, 2001 from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Post Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:11 am

Interested to see what you have planned next or even beyond next. :)
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows Pro 10-64bit, i9-9900k, 32 GB RAM.

Musical Gym
KVRAF
5024 posts since 24 May, 2004 from square1

Post Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:19 am

no pressure

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Post Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:31 am

^^^

no pressure what so ever.

My Pavlovian response is getting activated. :scared:
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows Pro 10-64bit, i9-9900k, 32 GB RAM.

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:46 pm

Here's what it's looking like at the moment, the top hasn't had much attention, but I'm pretty happy with the feature set:

The Bank Names are set via a text file including the total. There is a Grid selector and Stutter amount on the right side of each step. The knob is the Drum sample selection. Each step can use every sample available via Bank and Sample ID :) The top right is the conditional settings like in ARP Stream. The bottom 3 buttons send to the delays and Reverb.

It's called DrumScaper. Tomorrow I will be starting to make it actually work which will be challenging. This time I built the GUI first which should help with writing the underlying engine as I now know the data flow. Making ARP Stream was a struggle because I had to keep fitting new things in and adapting so I'm hoping with this planning to be able to avoid that :)

Although there are no Step velocities, in my mind I imagine that it will be an interesting Instrument by using the 4 Grids and Stutters at slower tempos which do have velocities.

I've run out of slider controls and I'm almost out of switches (although there are buttons too but they don't support automation of ALT click unfortunately). having said that I'm pretty much out of space too and really want a single panel design.

In terms of next, top of my list currently is the idea I had for a real-time Midi manipulator and Mangler although it might take a lot of experimentation to develop I have thought about it quite a bit over the last few months.

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Post Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:07 pm

^^^

"real-time Midi manipulator and Mangler"
Wow!
I love midi fx!
especially if it involves'
re-mapping
Chord Progression
Rhythm
Multi-touch GUI

Might consider this as a VST or an iPad app.

lyonsaw2
KVRer
5 posts since 3 Aug, 2015

Post Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:52 pm

I've been using the drum sequencer in Emergent Properties a lot lately. Super excited for DrumScaper.

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:50 am

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:07 pm
^^^

Wow!
I love midi fx!
re-mapping
Chord Progression
Rhythm
Multi-touch GUI

I wish I could spend the time developing VSTs etc... I’m still hopeful one day. Kontakt is quick to develop in which is essential with the number of sales I get generally. I don’t think it will be Chord based, first I want to attempt some generative and chopping based on the input, but I’m sure I’ll explore that possibility at some point. First I need to determine how viable it is storing sequence data in arrays, it certainly won’t be editable but I actually think that’s a good thing in terms of interface complexity :)

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:55 am

lyonsaw2 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:52 pm
I've been using the drum sequencer in Emergent Properties a lot lately. Super excited for DrumScaper.
It will be pretty different although that was an experiment in trying out ideas for Drum Scaper. I like the idea of accessing any bank/sample from any step which can make a lot from 5 tracks.

I’m currently working on getting all of the control storage and manipulation working, I should be done in a few hours hopefully and I can then start working on building the Sequencing engine. Laying it all out first is a really interesting way of doing it, usually I only have vague ideas of what it will do at the start, so it’s interesting to see it from the other side :)

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:04 am

Astralp wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:50 am
Kalamata Kid wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:07 pm
^^^

Wow!
I love midi fx!
re-mapping
Chord Progression
Rhythm
Multi-touch GUI

I wish I could spend the time developing VSTs etc... I’m still hopeful one day. Kontakt is quick to develop in which is essential with the number of sales I get generally. I don’t think it will be Chord based, first I want to attempt some generative and chopping based on the input, but I’m sure I’ll explore that possibility at some point. First I need to determine how viable it is storing sequence data in arrays, it certainly won’t be editable but I actually think that’s a good thing in terms of interface complexity :)
I will be looking forward to the release of whatever midi fx you come up with. :tu:
I have to learn to be more patient. :roll:

killmaster
KVRian
1105 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:00 am

Looks fantastic and conceptually interesting. Can't wait!

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:30 pm

Sorry I’ve been quiet, my Dad took very ill last week and then died on Wednesday so it’s been an emotional week.. I have managed to get lots of work done still however and Drumscape is almost done. I decided to upload a beta version so everyone can have a play.

There is no manual yet, the Randomization system needs taming and options, but I think just about everything else is done.

A few pointers:
  • There are 12 Patterns changed by the pattern Octave.
  • There are 12 Variations changed by the Variations Octave. These include all settings on the Right.
  • Each Drum Sequencer is completely independent with it’s own clock etc.. The Sequencers are triggered by holding down the Red Keys. This is great because they can start at different times, although they are quantised to 1/4 bars.
  • the Blue Keys Repitch any Sequencers which have the ‘P’ button switched on.
  • There are 8 Trigger velocity Sequencers with 8 Matching Wave Sequencers which can also affect Note Length. When choosing a grid or clicking a Grid select, it will automatically display the correct Grid. The Grid Letters mean Trigger(T), Wave(W) and Length(L) so any combination of the 3 can be selected. Grid Sequencers are part of the Variations and so can be changed independently of the pattern.

Anyway, here’s a not very good video to give a taste:

https://youtu.be/ja6HwWHaW4U

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”