2.4.3: Dual track editing not positioned correctly unless padded

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I found the solution but nevertheless thought about sharing the problem and solution here. There's a possibility that this is also old news. :neutral:

In this case it's about editing bass notes while seeing drums/percussion at the same time. The beginning of the piece went well since the drums and bass are starting at the same time and goes on from there. However, later on in the piece the drums are gone and shakers are introduced.

bitwigEdit1.jpg

And then when doing the editing, the shakers are not located at the right position but straight at the beginning instead:

bitwigEdit2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mevla on Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quite a sport to add images properly with this forum board !

So my solution is to pad the track from the beginning:

bitwigEdit3.jpg

Which then gives the proper position:

bitwigEdit4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You might be struggling with the fundamental distinction that Bitwig makes between "clips" and "events". And also the fundamental distinction between using the Event Editor (where you can stack midi against some background audio, like you're doing) in CLIP mode vs TRACK mode.

Look carefully at the following screenshot. See how I have two different clips that start at different places on the Arranger timeline? I simply double-clicked the MIDI clip, made sure the Event Editor for the MIDI clip was in TRACK mode, and then chose the track with the audio on it from the little "Draw as Background" selector in layered editing mode. See how everything lines up just right when you work this way?

Return to “Bitwig”