Falcon
24%
Omnisphere
37%

Total votes: 98

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

i started making Music and i want to buy me the "one in all" synth. I dont know yet where my journey will take me (will i make my own patches or just browse presets?), will i make Hip Hop or EDM or just some other stuff. However i played with alot of demos of synths/read about them and i find the logic intern alchemy a bit thin so i want to get me one synth and learn it in and out. If possible i want to be set with this synth.
So i came down to 3 choices:

ZebraHz (with Diva filters): really nice analog sound. I dont like the presets but i saw there are some nice examples out there on youtube. So its definitely possible to make good sounds with it. Also with ZebraHz i will get Zebra3 when it comes out! :P

Falcon: No demo but i played with it at a friends house. It really does alot stuff. Can it sound analog? I read a lot of praise for this synth and i like it. I think i can really go deep with this synth and have fun for months.

Omnisphere 2.6: I think it sounds great and there are just a gazillion of presets.

Money isnt really a issue but i just want to buy one synth and be set for live basically. Which one is it?

HALion 6

if i get my toddler a bike, he's getting a tricycle, not a Harley Davidson
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:56 am if i get my toddler a bike, he's getting a tricycle, not a Harley Davidson
As if they were mutually exclusive... ;)
https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-W17 ... 0554&psc=1
Last edited by BBFG# on Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

One Ping Only
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I voted for Omni even though i have the other two and not Omni. But i guess if youre new you can just browse trough a gazillion presets and find some sound.

Give Alchemy another listen....
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:14 am Give Alchemy another listen....
+1000

Falcon or Halion.

Omnisphere is way overrated.

Zebra has no sample playback.

if Alchemy sounds thin then maybe experiment with effects to fatten it up.

What you need is this, it's really amazing.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:01 am if Alchemy sounds thin then maybe experiment with effects to PHatten it up.
Fixed that for me

Wow...
that sounds so much better..
better than any other
Just add PH.. good tip :tu:

Igirl93 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:46 amZebraHz (with Diva filters): really nice analog sound. I dont like the presets but i saw there are some nice examples out there on youtube. So its definitely possible to make good sounds with it. Also with ZebraHz i will get Zebra3 when it comes out! :P
If you want to use ZebraHZ, you also need the standard Zebra. ZebraHZ is officially only a soundset....
Please note:
The Dark Zebra requires a Zebra2 license. This is also valid for the included ZebraHZ plug-in: It will not work without a Zebra2 license.

src: https://u-he.com/products/soundsets/zeb ... dsets.html

Igirl93 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:46 ami started making Music and i want to buy me the "one in all" synth. I dont know yet where my journey will take me (will i make my own patches or just browse presets?), will i make Hip Hop or EDM or just some other stuff. However i played with alot of demos of synths/read about them and i find the logic intern alchemy a bit thin so i want to get me one synth and learn it in and out. If possible i want to be set with this synth.
Okay, so you are a Logic user....

First: Alchemy is really amazing, that COULD be your future main synth. :)
Maybe you only need the right soundsets?

Second: If you want more fat sounds, did you already try Retro Synth in Logic?
Retro Synth looks a little bit funny, but it sounds very good....

Return to “Instruments”