Replace option in VST Instruments.

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I have updated Dune to version 3 but I have old designs created on version 2.5 and when I read them Bitwig says that there is no DUNE 2 but in DUNE 3 it is the same synthesis. The only option is to install versions 2.5 and 3 together. There should be an option to change the virtual instrument to a higher version with the same settings. Bitwig has this option only for VST effects but I have not seen this option for instruments. Is there any way not to install both versions of DUNE and read old songs created on version 2.5 in version 3?

Bitwig cannot know that Dune 2 and Dune 3 understand the same parameters. They seem to have different UIDs. I guess the only way is to load Dune 2, save the preset and import it into Dune 3... Drawback is you would have to redo all Bitwig modulation.
I would not bother and simply keep D2 installed...

This situation happens from time to time when plugin vendors decide to make some fundamental changes in a newest version. They need to leave the OLD version alone, or they break backward compatiblity with older projects. So you just have to get used to keeping older-versioned VSTs around if you've been producing for a while.

Return to “Bitwig”