The PA Easter deals

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sweet. thanks sqigis. just so you know, i was able to use 2 monthly vouchers but not able to stack them - each had to have their own transaction. i picked up the engle because I have the others and its pretty much the last PA plugin I needed to have them all. they are good amp sims too! enjoy and thanks again sqigis! :party: :phones:

plexuss wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:28 pm . Does anyone know if you can use 2 monthly vouchers in the same month?
some months ago, you couldn't use 2 vouchers of same layer in the same month ( I tested it back then), but two vouchers of different values were ok.

Last edited by SAW75 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAW75 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:40 pm bait and switch

another software company without ethics. been testing pa plugs for over a month. the entire time all three components were included in channelx. now I buy it and they want an upgrade for the third component.
What 3rd component? You didn't get 7X-500 limiter, the PEX-500 EQ and the 6X-500 preamp? I believe that the plugin that contains all 3 in one "rack" is an extra upgrade. Is that what you are talking about? I also think the easter sale is for the version that has all 3 in the "rack"... either way you should have gotten all 3. Clarify? :phones:

SAW75 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:40 pm now I buy it and they want an upgrade for the third component.
I know they had a free upgrade to Channel X if you own/buy all 3 of the separate plugs but I didn't know of a deal where you get the 3 plugs free if you buy Channel X so maybe you were wrong in thinking you do ?

Also if anyone has a spare voucher going free I'd happily take it so I can buy Channel X too ?

Last edited by SAW75 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAW75 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:19 pm
Digivolt wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:54 pm
SAW75 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:40 pm now I buy it and they want an upgrade for the third component.
I know they had a free upgrade to Channel X if you own/buy all 3 of the separate plugs but I didn't know of a deal where you get the 3 plugs free if you buy Channel X so maybe you were wrong in thinking you do ?
it has always been advertised on the product page "get the individual plugs when you buy the channel".
Just hit the sale support, they'll sort it out for free.
I had the three elements and ask them if I really had to pay for ChannelX
and they actually gave me the ChannelX for free.
Start by contacting the company ! :wink:

imrae wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:39 am
Local Man wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:46 am
ATS wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:59 am I got Channel X with my voucher and it is really good imo.
I'm demoing this and I really like the comp and the Preamp. Not sure how I feel about the EQ so far.
Are you comparing the EQ to other Pultec-style EQs or is that a new workflow for you?
I have other Pultec style EQs that I use and like but in general it is not my favorite type of EQ to work with.
That said, I wasn't really comparing this one to those I was just judging it on its own merits. When I made that post I was testing it out on some drums that it was just not working on. Since then I've tried it on other sources where it sounds very good.
It's my least favorite part of the plugin but it still has its uses.

Also if anyone has a spare voucher going free I'd happily take it so I can buy Channel X too ?
Channel X has never been a free upgrade, always a discounted upgrade. I've had all 3 for a couple of years and have only just "upgraded" to Channel X (with a $25 voucher).

From the product page:
If you own one of the contained plugins already, you can upgrade at a discounted price to this full 500 frame Channel X plugin (including all 3 processors) from your User Account (automated process).

Googly Smythe wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:33 pm

Channel X has never been a free upgrade, always a discounted upgrade. I've had all 3 for a couple of years and have only just "upgraded" to Channel X (with a $25 voucher).
Same here. I had the 3 modules and Channel X was in my account as an upgrade for $25 I think it was. This sale is for Channel X, so you do not get the modules as individual plugins.

Seems people have an exagerrated sense of entitlement AND don't RTFM before purchasing. (Note to self: Do not become a plugin developer). :party: :phones:

….
Last edited by SAW75 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAW75 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:42 pm
plexuss wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:38 pm
Seems people have an exagerrated sense of entitlement AND don't RTFM before purchasing. (Note to self: Do not become a plugin developer). :party: :phones:
Actually you have it backwards. I am not talking about buying the individual plugs and expecting the channel for free. I did RTFM as you say. I have been demoing and visiting the product site for a month. It was advertised as buy the channel get the individual plugs too. On the product page. Everyday. Probably from the beginning. Until yesterday. OK?
I think you mis-read it. I say this because after I bought the 3 plugins, over a year ago, I was confused as to why I didn't get Channel X. But after reading the product pages I realized it was my misunderstanding - it was clear after reading that they are separate purchases. It would odd for them to then change that policy, based on what you said you read, then change it back for the sale. Maybe. Unlikely. Oh well. I am sure you got a good enough deal to pick up Channel X for $29, no? :phones:

…..
Last edited by SAW75 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

actually, he's right. this is an archived version of ChannelX product page:

https://web.archive.org/web/20161223235 ... nnelx.html

it's advertised as a bundle, not an individual plugin:
The Lindell ChannelX bundle is more than your typical bundle. While on one level it is a collection of three amazing Lindell plugins, the 7X-500 limiter, the PEX-500 EQ and the 6X-500 preamp, it also includes the ChannelX plugin shell which allows you to run all three plugins in a single insert and even change the order that they appear in the signal path.
so, yeah, scummy move by PA. i was also under the impression that i'll be getting the bundle, not just ChannelX, because that's what it was advertised as before.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:18 pm actually, he's right. this is an archived version of ChannelX product page:

https://web.archive.org/web/20161223235 ... nnelx.html

it's advertised as a bundle, not an individual plugin:
The Lindell ChannelX bundle is more than your typical bundle. While on one level it is a collection of three amazing Lindell plugins, the 7X-500 limiter, the PEX-500 EQ and the 6X-500 preamp, it also includes the ChannelX plugin shell which allows you to run all three plugins in a single insert and even change the order that they appear in the signal path.
so, yeah, scummy move by PA. i was also under the impression that i'll be getting the bundle, not just ChannelX, because that's what it was advertised as before.
I think the keyword here is "bundle", the offer now is for the "ChannelX", not the "ChannelX Bundle"... still, it's pretty confusing...

Return to “Effects”