The PA Easter deals

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

there was no separate "ChannelX" product, just the bundle. every link to ChannelX the product leads to a bundle page in the archived version, and on the current version, there is no ChannelX bundle page - only the individual plugin.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:28 pm there was no separate "ChannelX" product, just the bundle. every link to ChannelX the product leads to a bundle page.
All the archived there is from 7 Sep 2015 - 15 Nov 2017... IIRC they stopped doing/having certain "bundles" after that, or is my memory failing?
Last edited by Kr3eM on Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--
Last edited by Kr3eM on Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just to be clear, the Channel X version of these plugins is identical to the individuals if you are just using one particular module right?
For example, if you are using just the comp and the pre and EQ deactivated, the sound and functionality is identical to the 7X-500, right?

Kr3eM wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:32 pm
Burillo wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:28 pm there was no separate "ChannelX" product, just the bundle. every link to ChannelX the product leads to a bundle page.
All the archived there is from 7 Sep 2015 - 15 Nov 2017... IIRC they stopped doing/having certain "bundles" after that, or is my memory failing?
well, this conversation started by someone claiming that they have advertised ChannelX as a bundle right up until the sale. i can't attest to whether or not it's true, but the fact is it was a bundle previously, but now it isn't. when it stopped being a bundle - i don't know.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Oh goodie, I didn't look at PA for 2 days and they launched another sale.
It don't mean a thing IIAGTS :D

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What I bought were the individual modules as plugins. Then I noticed an offer in my account to get ChannelX as well for a low price, which I did. This was last year. Maybe they reconfigured the options with these products a few times leading to confusion. Wouldnt be a first for PA.

ChannelX is just all the modules in one plugin - if you engage only one module in ChanX its like using the individual plugin.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:16 pm I just downloaded the ChannelX demo and it installed 4 plugins: ChannelX and the three individual units as separate plugins. Is that not what you get when you buy it? Pretty scummy if not.
nope. if you would have bought ChannelX at some time in the past (definitely in 2016, reportedly up until a few days ago), then you'd get all three plugins. now, apparently not.

Doesn't everyone own all of these so far? :hihi:

Vortifex wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:16 pm I just downloaded the ChannelX demo and it installed 4 plugins: ChannelX and the three individual units as separate plugins. Is that not what you get when you buy it? Pretty scummy if not.
The worst case scenario would be that you have to disable two modules in order to use only one.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no, the issue isn't that the demo installs individual plugins. the issue is, it was a bundle previously, but now it isn't, and many people (myself included) have thought of it as a bundle - because that's what it was before.

that said, i can't complain, really - i like ChannelX even without the individual modules. the highs are cramped and it has no oversampling, but it sounds good to my ears.

Burillo wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:39 pm
Kr3eM wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:32 pm
well, this conversation started by someone claiming that they have advertised ChannelX as a bundle right up until the sale. i can't attest to whether or not it's true, but the fact is it was a bundle previously, but now it isn't. when it stopped being a bundle - i don't know.
Yes, I know, I just trying to figure out if they actually change it recently or if it's something they changed some time ago but it was not noticed by most of us.

When I did a search for the current URL for ChannelX I also only found old archived versions from the same period (2016) and it has the same installer version for windows as the current page and there's no "buy" button, only a "Please visit the ChannelX Bundle product page".

https://web.archive.org/web/20161223221 ... nnelx.html

I suspect that you only could get ChannelX at that time if you purchased the whole bundle and/or had all of the three standalone plugins. If one look down in the right qorner it says "Buy in a bundle" and there's 3 bundle options.

I assume they changed that but still have the same old installer that previosuly was the "bundle" installer, and I'm pretty sure they did not market that change as much if any at all as they did for the original ChannelX Bundle...

Wish the waybackmachine archive could have a newer backup than 2015-2017 so we could actually know when they changed it. Not that I don't take peoples word for it but I could easily see myself miss this under the right circumstances and assume ChannelX has always included the single instances of the plugins until now...

……..
Last edited by SAW75 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”