TOYBOX - the new modular toolkit for Reaktor Racks, with free pack!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

RobGee wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:46 pm The sampling, effects and filter blocks look interesting...
Yeah... I wish there was polyphony

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:25 pm Thanks for the free pack. A coupple minor criticisms about that:
1) You might want to have Toybox in the name. It shows up in Komplete Kontrol/Maschine as "Free Pack", so it doesn't even say Toybox. I'd recommend calling it Toybox - Free Pack or something. Like Euroreakt free pack is called "Euroreakt - Free Edition". Otherwise "Free pack" is pretty generic and has no brand identifier.
I agree with the first point - it struck me as really odd too.
Sweet child in time...

These are really good!
Thanks!! :)
"Free pack" is pretty generic and has no brand identifier.
This is kind of how things ended up after going through the the NKS system, not a simple task to change it now, so hopefully clear enough,
2) There doesn't seem to be an image for the Komplete Kontrol/Maschine item in the menu.
I’ve been told this is due to a bug in the current KK/Maschine apps that will be fixed in the next update.

That’s odd the bug didn’t stop the image for euroreakt or base/prime packs from showing.

Anyways lots of useful stuff in your free pack that compliments the factory blocks well!

Is polyphony possible with blocks?? That's the main reason I stopped using it.

It's possible just like with real modular systems.

I’m loving the free pack, the sequencers are super flexible. It's great how you can chain several sequencers together to get different sequences lengths, you can even drive the sequencers with an oscillator hooked up to the step input!

Has anyone used any of the other packs yet?

Yeah... I wish there was polyphony
There's some stuff in the pipeline..

I get the whole "Eurorack ITB" thing, I really do, but I wish one of these systems would take an approach similar to U-he which is, if I want polyphony, I change a setting from Mono to Poly. You can double up the modules behind the scenes and add some drift or whatever as needed, but don't make me patch together 8 oscs, filters, envelopes just to get 2 osc per 4 voices. That's a bit silly. Let's take advantage of the software.

Note: this is more directed at NI than Toybox obviously.

New bug ?
Modulating the select input of the drum osc with an osc at a high pitch , mutliplies cpu usage 6 fold .
Make sure you trigger the drum synth will doing so
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Thanks gcd, I'll let Dave know.

Let's take advantage of the software.
We have something in the pipeline :)
Modulating the select input of the drum osc with an osc at a high pitch , mutliplies cpu
This means the sampler is selecting between different samples thousands of times a second and so there is a bit of a CPU hit, but we can look at making this more efficient
I’m loving the free pack, the sequencers are super flexible. It's great how you can chain several sequencers together to get different sequences lengths, you can even drive the sequencers with an oscillator hooked up to the step input.
Thanks Edrec! Yes definitely a lot of ways to use the sequencers

A quick demonstration of how to use the 'accent' port of the gate sequencer to select a different sample, and also how to chain two sequencers together to get a longer pattern:

https://youtu.be/rZZ4_s90FDQ

Cool! More! More!

Cool! More! More!
Here you go :)

Demonstrating how to control the playback position of the granular sampler using the 'step' port of a sequencer block. Plus how to use this 'step' port to lock 2 sequencer blocks together in perfect sync:

https://youtu.be/rUEPsr9Q6hA

Return to “Instruments”