Waves Update broke my plugins again

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

heyheycnv wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:36 pm The update screwed up every use of TG Mastering in Reaper. It says this plugin used is not available but it's in the fx and I can load it again. I just loose all the settings I had done with the so called previous version. And I have doubles of all the TG Mastering vsts. Guess what, only half work.
Sounds like there may be a few bugs in it that is yet to be sorted out. You might want to consider contacting Tech Support about it. If they don’t the problem exists, they can’t fix it.

simon.a.billington wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:43 pm
heyheycnv wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:36 pm The update screwed up every use of TG Mastering in Reaper. It says this plugin used is not available but it's in the fx and I can load it again. I just loose all the settings I had done with the so called previous version. And I have doubles of all the TG Mastering vsts. Guess what, only half work.
Sounds like there may be a few bugs in it that is yet to be sorted out. You might want to consider contacting Tech Support about it. If they don’t the problem exists, they can’t fix it.
I did. Their solution was a complete removal and reinstall.

Well the obvious solution is to buy Waves mercury so you can have all the plugs in the same version in the same package.

Sarc😑
W11 i9-13900K, 64GB Cubase, UAD/Motu Monitor 8 front end and more plugins then I ever actually need :D

heyheycnv wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:26 pm
Did it work, though??

DO NOT UPDATE - if you have V9 plugins. I think that' must be their catch seeing as they've made their wares so cheap all the time. They must be making alot of money from updating and their WUP.

I noticed Waves changed WUP again. You used to be able to select all your plugins and renew WUP, topping at 240 , making all in plan to the latest date. Now your plugins still in WUP get slugged on top of 240 and sometimes cost quite significantly more ie 50 for a plugin. This new screwy system is another money grab and also likely to have users on all sorts of plugin versions. I used to WUP, now I’m not.

Hmmmm makes me wonder if you can sell your account.... im replacing many waves plugins atm and also trying not to use them. Thing is stuff like aural exciter, rbass etc still are awesome and i didnt find something close to those.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:09 am Hmmmm makes me wonder if you can sell your account.... im replacing many waves plugins atm and also trying not to use them. Thing is stuff like aural exciter, rbass etc still are awesome and i didnt find something close to those.
I've been toying with this after seeing a few people mention it in the marketplace. It seems you can deactivate all plugs and apply new owner details in the account (apart from username). Be interested to learn anyone's experience of this.

NB) No issue with Waves update myself.

popskull wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:48 am I noticed Waves changed WUP again. You used to be able to select all your plugins and renew WUP, topping at 240 , making all in plan to the latest date. Now your plugins still in WUP get slugged on top of 240 and sometimes cost quite significantly more ie 50 for a plugin. This new screwy system is another money grab and also likely to have users on all sorts of plugin versions. I used to WUP, now I’m not.
Yes now you pay extra for WUP per year. If over 1 year it's more expensive. The cap is $240... wasn't it higher before? :phones:

All the plugins you bought before version 10 came out can still be used as version 9 without WUP. They are pretty much the exact same plugin you paid for years ago, you're not missing anything without WUP.

Your new plugins are version 10 and get a free year of WUP and version 11 will probably be another 5 years from now. You will get all the incremental updates for free, just like version 9 did for over 5 years.

When you activate and install new plugins don't update ALL your plugins to version 10, simple enough.

"Simple enough" understates the problem: the dialog box pops up every time you activate a new plugin, and the wording to "update" all plugins is misleading. Most developers use "update" to mean free point releases with bugfixes, and "upgrade" for major paid version changes. There is nothing to indicate that updating plugins will mess up your installation unless you pay an upgrade fee...

imrae wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:57 pm "Simple enough" understates the problem: the dialog box pops up every time you activate a new plugin, and the wording to "update" all plugins is misleading. Most developers use "update" to mean free point releases with bugfixes, and "upgrade" for major paid version changes. There is nothing to indicate that updating plugins will mess up your installation unless you pay an upgrade fee...
It's well documented on the website. You now know not to make that mistake again. Problem solved.

plexuss wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:29 pm
popskull wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:48 am I noticed Waves changed WUP again. You used to be able to select all your plugins and renew WUP, topping at 240 , making all in plan to the latest date. Now your plugins still in WUP get slugged on top of 240 and sometimes cost quite significantly more ie 50 for a plugin. This new screwy system is another money grab and also likely to have users on all sorts of plugin versions. I used to WUP, now I’m not.
Yes now you pay extra for WUP per year. If over 1 year it's more expensive. The cap is $240... wasn't it higher before? :phones:
I remember a time when it was over $300!! So can’t complain about the $240 to cover around 5 years of free updates. That’s like $48 a year... maximum. As I have said before, you could pay $150 or more a year updating ONE plugin from another developer.

simon.a.billington wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:39 pm
Did it work, though??
My plugins were always fine in Reaper until I installed TG Mastering, at which point half of my Waves became 3/4 broken. Reinstalling didn't change anything, but it did cause me to realize that Reaper was the only audio app affected. Waves was functioning fine in everything else. What finally did fix it was running Waves AU Reg Utility, which had not been a part of any fix directions and I hadn't tried it because I hadn't installed any AU plugins : / But Waves says to run it with any change of the plugins folder (if that includes any installs of anything that's pretty odd and lame). Regardless, haven't had a problem since.

spigmu wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:18 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:39 pm
Did it work, though??
My plugins were always fine in Reaper until I installed TG Mastering, at which point half of my Waves became 3/4 broken. Reinstalling didn't change anything, but it did cause me to realize that Reaper was the only audio app affected. Waves was functioning fine in everything else. What finally did fix it was running Waves AU Reg Utility, which had not been a part of any fix directions and I hadn't tried it because I hadn't installed any AU plugins : / But Waves says to run it with any change of the plugins folder (if that includes any installs of anything that's pretty odd and lame). Regardless, haven't had a problem since.
Make sure you don’t have both V9 and V10 versions of the same plugin installed. Also make sure you are only running the V10 plugins you have licenses for.

V10 plugins won’t run on V9 licenses.

Return to “Effects”