Arturia V6 package

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it me or are the synths on v6 weak?
I'll explain I bought a new PC because my last one of 6years was redlining when using too many instances of Arturias V2 plug ins, but I managed,anyway I splashed the cash,new pc,new monitor speakers,FL Studio 12 and Arturia V6

I am very disappointed,the instruments just sound more digital than analogue,the mini Moog,prophet 5 ,ARP 2600 sound just thin and weedy,all the presets have changed since V2 for the worse I think,In particular the bass sounds seem really weak
Any thoughts

You're going to get a varied response to this from wonderful to totally sucks...

Personally, I find the bottom end for most of the synths to lack presence. And in some of the emulations, distorted. I do however like some of them, regardless of whether they're true 1:1 emulations.
I like Synclavier the most for a synth on its own.
And most are okay when layered. But I currently doubt if they'll ever be a go-to for the synths. If anything, it has made me more and more, a U-he fan.

I very much like the transitor organs in it though, and that was the major reason for buying it. A close second reason was seeing how bad IK Syntronik was. And finally, it's cheaper to buy the bundle than two individual instruments.

Hoping they improve the voicing on all of them in future versions. They all play nicely enough.

Martkorg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:58 pm Is it me or are the synths on v6 weak?
I'll explain I bought a new PC because my last one of 6years was redlining when using too many instances of Arturias V2 plug ins, but I managed,anyway I splashed the cash,new pc,new monitor speakers,FL Studio 12 and Arturia V6

I am very disappointed,the instruments just sound more digital than analogue,the mini Moog,prophet 5 ,ARP 2600 sound just thin and weedy,all the presets have changed since V2 for the worse I think,In particular the bass sounds seem really weak
Any thoughts
You are hearing right. There is many people who share you're opinion, including me. The best arturia synths are the earlier versions in terms of sound, no idea what they did in V6 but you're right, they sound worse.

Some of the Arturia synths are 15 years old.

Raddler 1 many thanks at least I know I am not alone thinking this

I watched a video on You Tube of some sounds from V6 which sounded really good I was impressed with the Arp Solina string sound the guy was playing which was like the strings on Joy Divisions "love will year us apart" well I made a note of the patch and fired it up to find it was a thin high pitched dismal sound which was nothing like in the video,clearly must have been playing through some FX like the other sounds he plays,nothing like it in reality
😠

I've heard (and thought) that some of the Arturia synths were weak/thin/digital. Then I heard demo's of them being played by skilled musicians, and with patches crafted by expert patch designers, and they sounded awesome.

So, I have no idea how close some are to what they emulate. But they certainly can sound good.
A well-behaved signature.

I have a bunch of analogue synths here including a minimoog. I've owned many through my life, even a prophet 10. I have Arturia V6. They are good enough to work with. Without quibbling about minor nuances, they are good enough to do the job in terms of capturing the sound of which they are emulating. It depends on how picky you want to be. You maybe are being somewhat picky. That's fine - if they don't work for you they don't work for you. No need to seek 3rd party validation. :tu: :phones:

Some are better than others for sure but overall I am really happy with it.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I’d be so happy if Arturia did another upgrade with the oldest synths to improve sound quality. But anyway I love Arturia stuff and V6 is quite a powerful package

Just to point out that in my opinion in V2 the depth of the sounds are superior to V6 I am not saying they sound as good or worse than hardware versions as I've never had any of the synths in Arturias collection,the nearest I've come was a DX 27
Thanks for everyone's comments

The quality of emulation in the older synths is not that good (but moog filter got improved). But they are good synths. The newer ones are better.

V2 was 32-bit and V6 is 64-bit. Everybody knows that 32-bit is more vintage...;-)

This discussion shows, that what sounds good is a matter of taste.

Just get The Legend, Diva and Repro.

For the same price you get 3-5 instead of 20. And that was not the point of the op...

The point of the OP is that he is disappointed with the lack of convincing analog quality of V6. I'm not sure about your point .. quantity over quality? Doesn't sound like what the OP is about.

Return to “Instruments”