Rob Papen Explorer 5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just over a decade ago Albino, Rob Papen's first synth was very popular. It was often mentioned in the same sentence as Zebra. I still have it and really like it. I also have Explorer 5 which is filled with great, innovative synths and FX. I particularly like the reverse FX. Also my experience of the company is that they are very decent, treat their customers well and respond to messages very promptly.

+A new synth coming to explorer5 in 2019 May
From time to time I decide to sell Explorer5 then they release a new synth and I change my mind :)

I have tons of vsynths and those in explorer are excellent! I was pleasantly surprised when I began working with them. They do have their own sound, which is good because I don't want too much over-lap in the tools I have. For example I have al of UHe's and still the Papen synths and effects stand on their own. :phones:

Totally agree plexuss as I also own a lot of U-he's great stuff too and for me, Rob's stuff is equally good, especially his effects plus I love all the various types of synth architectures he has and how varied their approaches are.

Hey guys, I just finished this piece, an electronic instrumental, and though there are a few other synths involved, it's mainly Rob's stuff, including a lot of his effects processers. Hope it gives an indication of the possibilities with Explorer 5. https://soundcloud.com/raven-2741/is-this-love

^^^

excellent!
Yes it is Love!

great song!

One thing I dont like about the rp synths predator 2 and go2 is the sluggish GUI. When I use U-he or orher hq synths the knobs usually look very smoothly/fluently when turning. Unfortunately not with these rp synths. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hmmm, haven't seen, or noticed any issue related to that, and own a lot of U-he's stuff myself also. I do find in the RP stuff that due to the GUI sizes the knobs sometimes jump to a setting I didn't want. Example- if I want to zero a function, I can pull it down to 0, let the mouse icon go and it will jump to a value slightly abover the 0 I wanted. I iwsh rob's stuff had that U-he function so that you could scale the GUIs up and down.

rockmachine wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:17 pm Hmmm, haven't seen, or noticed any issue related to that, and own a lot of U-he's stuff myself also.
I'm on Windows 10, are you on Mac by any chance?

Windows 7 still.

dermage wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:28 pm One thing I dont like about the rp synths predator 2 and go2 is the sluggish GUI. When I use U-he or orher hq synths the knobs usually look very smoothly/fluently when turning. Unfortunately not with these rp synths. Anyone else experiencing this?
I have had some sluggish Papen GUI's with Punch-BD and Distort. It's the only developer who's plugins do that on my computer. I really like the sound of all of RP's plugins, but the tiny dials and sluggish GUI prevent me from using it more often than I do.

rockmachine wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:17 pm Hmmm, haven't seen, or noticed any issue related to that, and own a lot of U-he's stuff myself also. I do find in the RP stuff that due to the GUI sizes the knobs sometimes jump to a setting I didn't want. Example- if I want to zero a function, I can pull it down to 0, let the mouse icon go and it will jump to a value slightly abover the 0 I wanted. I iwsh rob's stuff had that U-he function so that you could scale the GUIs up and down.
If you hold down the"ctrl" key and click on the knob, it will default to zero. (Just tried in with Blue and Predator2)
I think most VST's allow that.

Yes, that's right, or it sets a default depending on its function.

Return to “Instruments”