Juno emulation plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://youtu.be/bXSWDoQA2PQ

https://youtu.be/Bx6vN8lUTlI

Im guessing that the main synths in these tracks are from a Juno. I also guess the Juno has an arpeggiator to achieve the sequence in the tracks posted.

Redominator is supposed to be a good emulation would it make the sounds in these tracks?

The best ones are Tal-Uno-LX for a Juno-60 and the Roland Cloud 106 for a 106.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:53 pm The best ones are Tal-Uno-LX for a Juno-60 and the Roland Cloud 106 for a 106.
The 60 and 106 are exactly the same synth though isnt it? One of them are without the arpeggiator if i recall correctly.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Jwpar22 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Im guessing that the main synths in these tracks are from a Juno.
what makes you say that?

AnX wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:57 pm
Jwpar22 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Im guessing that the main synths in these tracks are from a Juno.
what makes you say that?
I was under the impression that was a Juno sound.

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:04 pm The 60 and 106 are exactly the same synth though isnt it? One of them are without the arpeggiator if i recall correctly.
Different voice chips. The later 106 has an integrated voice/filter chip that was probably cheaper for Roland to assemble. Although the designers may have meant the 106 to be a straight MIDI upgrade of the 60, the different components mean it has a slightly different sound - typically softer than the 60.

Gamma-UT wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:45 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:04 pm The 60 and 106 are exactly the same synth though isnt it? One of them are without the arpeggiator if i recall correctly.
Different voice chips. The later 106 has an integrated voice/filter chip that was probably cheaper for Roland to assemble. Although the designers may have meant the 106 to be a straight MIDI upgrade of the 60, the different components mean it has a slightly different sound - typically softer than the 60.
Thanks. :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Back in the day I had the Juno 60 and my friend had the Juno 106. The sound difference was quite significant. I know there are no good words to cover how a sound actually sounds like but the Juno 60 felt a bit warmer and more fat. Both had arpeggiator. I have the TAL-UNO-LX and it’s not bad when it comes to modelling the Juno 60. Even the famous Roland chorus is nice in the TAL
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Jwpar22 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:45 pm Redominator is supposed to be a good emulation would it make the sounds in these tracks?
Redominator is an emulation of the Alpha Juno (or MKS-50 which was basically the rack version).
I'm pretty sure it can make those sounds, but keep in mind that the lead in those tracks sounds like it is mid-sweeped : they used the mid eq sweep on an analog mixer to make it sound like a sort of filter (a trick that was often used back in the days).
There's lots of synths around that allow you to fake that effect internally, but Redominator needs an external eq to do that.
More BPM please

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:04 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:53 pm The best ones are Tal-Uno-LX for a Juno-60 and the Roland Cloud 106 for a 106.
The 60 and 106 are exactly the same synth though isnt it? One of them are without the arpeggiator if i recall correctly.
No not at all, as others have pointed out. Same architecture and chorus. But very different sounding oscillators (not sure about the filter). The 60 is much punchier and tighter. The 106 I’d say is softer and you might say creamier. I think if I could only have one it would be the 60, but I really like having emulations of both.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:06 am
No not at all, as others have pointed out. Same architecture and chorus. But very different sounding oscillators (not sure about the filter). The 60 is much punchier and tighter. The 106 I’d say is softer and you might say creamier. I think if I could only have one it would be the 60, but I really like having emulations of both.
You've just answered a long time question of mine! I assumed the filter sweep was happening within the synth itself.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:06 am
Then I have heard wrong. I must also mention that i have never played a 60/106 before either.

I used to think Tal-Uno-LX was a good Juno 60/106 emulation until I compared it to an actual 106 and couldn’t believe how dissimilar they were. Some of the personality is present since it simulates the controls, sliders and oscillator types, but it barely resembles the sound in any meaningful way. The Roland Cloud 106 is much more representative. Heck, even Omnisphere gets closer to capturing the tone. ReDominator is fantastic, but it’s modeling the Alpha Juno series.

You cant get any better then Tal-Uno-LX.

Musicisbest wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:05 am
You cant get any better then Tal-Uno-LX.
+1

Return to “Instruments”