[Electronic] tm-April18

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Your personal attack on me has been reported.

I think this is good as well, I just don't know if it's EDM. There's a lot of good dynamics in the filtering and use of different instruments and effects, and the mix is great. It feels way more chilled out, though, like something you'd more likely hear in a racing video game than on a dance floor. (I don't think that's a bad thing.)

I enjoy this track a lot. Good music.

:tu:

Interesting discussion.

This is one of those tracks that is really difficult to compartmentalize. As an EDM track (which I would really not classify this as) there is not enough energy contained within to make me want seek the dance-floor. As a track designed purely for listening enjoyment, there is not enough going on to keep me focusing my attention to it.

So I guess I understand what wagtunes is trying to say here. It really could stand a bit of a melodic hook to draw in my attention. I think it's a cool chord progression you've got going on. I don't agree that the arp synth is doing enough to be called a lead instrument. It really sounds more like an extra layer augmenting the chord progression. Don't get me wrong, I think it is tastefully done, and the way the arps interact with that that ducking/pumping synth is really cool. I just don't know if it is enough to keep me interested for the entire track.

I suppose it would make a great 'driving-fast-with-the-top-down-on-a-summer-day' track... Let's all label it as that, and be friends again. :hug:

mindstuff wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:18 pm
Now you can exclude me from that list as well as I obviously will never like anything you do from a pure musical standpoint and thus would be pointless to comment on.
Truth be told!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCEMn1_DE3U
this is good EDM

Nice mixing. Kept my interest.

Return to “Music Cafe”