UDO Super 6

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
OneOfManyPauls
KVRian
892 posts since 17 Jul, 2016 from Wales, UK

Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:49 am

Sonicstate is reporting a new hardware synth: the UDO Super 6 is a "12-voice polyphonic Binaural Analog-Hybrid Synthesizer"

Has some pedigree from a design standpoint, so should be interesting to see if it stacks up as being more than a shaken bag of buzzwords.

https://sonicstate.com/news/2019/04/24/ ... th-from-uk

http://udo-audio.com/
Last edited by OneOfManyPauls on Fri May 10, 2019 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

K-Bee
KVRAF
2158 posts since 9 Mar, 2009 from Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: UDO Super 6

Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:35 am

Not much information yet but it's nice to see a new polysynth from a new company. Could be interesting, depending on how much it will end up costing.

bibz1st
KVRAF
1610 posts since 29 Mar, 2013

Re: UDO Super 6

Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:09 am

Reminds me of a Tiesco synth
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

db3
KVRAF
2079 posts since 22 Aug, 2012

Re: UDO Super 6

Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:00 am

This could be interesting. Superwave Juno?

Image
Image
-dthree-

OneOfManyPauls
KVRian
892 posts since 17 Jul, 2016 from Wales, UK

Re: UDO Super 6

Post Fri May 10, 2019 2:03 am


User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
15445 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Re: UDO Super 6

Post Fri May 10, 2019 10:24 am

Sounds gorgeous!

User avatar
Pictus
KVRist
196 posts since 21 Aug, 2017 from Brasil

Re: UDO Super 6

Post Sat May 11, 2019 12:47 am

Yes!
Lovely sound!!

AnX
KVRAF
4359 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: UDO Super 6

Post Sat May 11, 2019 12:55 am

how many keys?

User avatar
jacqueslacouth
KVRian
942 posts since 18 Nov, 2004

Re: UDO Super 6

Post Sat May 11, 2019 1:22 am

AnX wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:55 am
how many keys?
Says 4 octave keyboard in the blue box above.

AnX
KVRAF
4359 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: UDO Super 6

Post Sat May 11, 2019 1:43 am

:dog:

User avatar
jacqueslacouth
KVRian
942 posts since 18 Nov, 2004

Re: UDO Super 6

Post Sat May 11, 2019 1:46 am

Damn though....Sounds great, love the U.I., really interesting features. If this comes out as a solid release without too many teething problems, it may well find its way into my studio.

SLiC
KVRAF
3524 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: UDO Super 6

Post Sat May 11, 2019 2:02 am

Definitely one of the most interesting new synths for some time.

I am keeping an eye on this, and if they can being it in at around 2K it will give other high end synths (Moog, DSI etc) a challenge- that new digital high frequency pseudo analog tech is amazing and I can't wait to here it in the (very large file high resolution!) wavetables and not just simple sines and triangles etc - exciting times, cheap recreations of the old stuff (Behringer) and still new innovation that potentially sounds a lot better than the old stuff- this is what we want- a future as well as a past!
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, Cubase10, Live9, X32 Desk. , DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
15445 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Re: UDO Super 6

Post Sat May 11, 2019 6:49 am

SLiC wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 2:02 am
Definitely one of the most interesting new synths for some time.

I am keeping an eye on this, and if they can being it in at around 2K it will give other high end synths (Moog, DSI etc) a challenge- that new digital high frequency pseudo analog tech is amazing and I can't wait to here it in the (very large file high resolution!) wavetables and not just simple sines and triangles etc - exciting times, cheap recreations of the old stuff (Behringer) and still new innovation that potentially sounds a lot better than the old stuff- this is what we want- a future as well as a past!
We are in the golden age of synthesizers...

This is the best sounding digital analog hybrid to date (imo).

KBSoundSmith
KVRian
730 posts since 6 Jul, 2009

Re: UDO Super 6

Post Sat May 11, 2019 12:48 pm

pdxindy wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:49 am
SLiC wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 2:02 am
Definitely one of the most interesting new synths for some time.

I am keeping an eye on this, and if they can being it in at around 2K it will give other high end synths (Moog, DSI etc) a challenge- that new digital high frequency pseudo analog tech is amazing and I can't wait to here it in the (very large file high resolution!) wavetables and not just simple sines and triangles etc - exciting times, cheap recreations of the old stuff (Behringer) and still new innovation that potentially sounds a lot better than the old stuff- this is what we want- a future as well as a past!
We are in the golden age of synthesizers...

This is the best sounding digital analog hybrid to date (imo).
It does sound really nice.

The UDO Super 6 and the Novation Summit were the twin peaks of this Superbooth, IMO. And I think it's interesting how they hit two different ends of the spectrum -- immediately pleasing sound with limited options versus "work for it" sound with a lot of options. Cool synths, both of them.

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
15445 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Re: UDO Super 6

Post Sat May 11, 2019 12:59 pm

KBSoundSmith wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:48 pm
It does sound really nice.

The UDO Super 6 and the Novation Summit were the twin peaks of this Superbooth, IMO. And I think it's interesting how they hit two different ends of the spectrum -- immediately pleasing sound with limited options versus "work for it" sound with a lot of options. Cool synths, both of them.
MFB showed the Synth 8... 8 voices, 3 VCO's per voice, 2 Filters per voice and about 1000 Euros price.

Black Corporation has the Xerxes and Kijimi.

There are suddenly lots of analog and hybrid polys

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”