UDO Super 6

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sonicstate is reporting a new hardware synth: the UDO Super 6 is a "12-voice polyphonic Binaural Analog-Hybrid Synthesizer"

Has some pedigree from a design standpoint, so should be interesting to see if it stacks up as being more than a shaken bag of buzzwords.

https://sonicstate.com/news/2019/04/24/ ... th-from-uk

http://udo-audio.com/
Last edited by OneOfManyPauls on Fri May 10, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not much information yet but it's nice to see a new polysynth from a new company. Could be interesting, depending on how much it will end up costing.

Reminds me of a Tiesco synth
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

This could be interesting. Superwave Juno?

Sounds gorgeous!

Yes!
Lovely sound!!

how many keys?

AnX wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:55 amhow many keys?
Says 4 octave keyboard in the blue box above.

:dog:

Damn though....Sounds great, love the U.I., really interesting features. If this comes out as a solid release without too many teething problems, it may well find its way into my studio.

Definitely one of the most interesting new synths for some time.

I am keeping an eye on this, and if they can being it in at around 2K it will give other high end synths (Moog, DSI etc) a challenge- that new digital high frequency pseudo analog tech is amazing and I can't wait to here it in the (very large file high resolution!) wavetables and not just simple sines and triangles etc - exciting times, cheap recreations of the old stuff (Behringer) and still new innovation that potentially sounds a lot better than the old stuff- this is what we want- a future as well as a past!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:02 am Definitely one of the most interesting new synths for some time.

I am keeping an eye on this, and if they can being it in at around 2K it will give other high end synths (Moog, DSI etc) a challenge- that new digital high frequency pseudo analog tech is amazing and I can't wait to here it in the (very large file high resolution!) wavetables and not just simple sines and triangles etc - exciting times, cheap recreations of the old stuff (Behringer) and still new innovation that potentially sounds a lot better than the old stuff- this is what we want- a future as well as a past!
We are in the golden age of synthesizers...

This is the best sounding digital analog hybrid to date (imo).

pdxindy wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:49 pm
SLiC wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:02 am Definitely one of the most interesting new synths for some time.

We are in the golden age of synthesizers...

This is the best sounding digital analog hybrid to date (imo).
It does sound really nice.

The UDO Super 6 and the Novation Summit were the twin peaks of this Superbooth, IMO. And I think it's interesting how they hit two different ends of the spectrum -- immediately pleasing sound with limited options versus "work for it" sound with a lot of options. Cool synths, both of them.

KBSoundSmith wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:48 pm It does sound really nice.

The UDO Super 6 and the Novation Summit were the twin peaks of this Superbooth, IMO. And I think it's interesting how they hit two different ends of the spectrum -- immediately pleasing sound with limited options versus "work for it" sound with a lot of options. Cool synths, both of them.
MFB showed the Synth 8... 8 voices, 3 VCO's per voice, 2 Filters per voice and about 1000 Euros price.

Black Corporation has the Xerxes and Kijimi.

There are suddenly lots of analog and hybrid polys

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”