Lush reverbs on a budget

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://youtu.be/lQcXom04rKU

That's some lush reverb. What reverbs would achieve results like this?

I didn't listen so i can't say if it will do EXACTLY that but for $50 you can get some very lush reverbs from ValhallaDSP
:borg:

toneboosters.

tal -reverb 4

audiority.

Not meaning to offend, but where in this track is there 'lush' reverb? The vocals and that stabby piano/synth sound more like they were recorded in a shower stall (and then poorly eq'd). All I am hearing is a whole lot of early reflections that are creating a metallic flanging effect to the vocals. Seems you could get that same effect with a cheap delay plugin run through a spring-verb emulator.

I guess our definitions of lush vastly differ from one another.

V0RT3X wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:54 pm I didn't listen so i can't say if it will do EXACTLY that but for $50 you can get some very lush reverbs from ValhallaDSP
True but ValhallaShimmer desperately needs an update.
The preset manager is seriously lacking.

lessera wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:41 am Not meaning to offend, but where in this track is there 'lush' reverb?
I wonder what a lush reverb actually is. I mean, not that i'm stingy with such esoteric terms usually :D, but, in this context, i don't get it.

I think you could probably replace Shimmer with VDelay
TheSynthScientist wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:55 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:54 pm I didn't listen so i can't say if it will do EXACTLY that but for $50 you can get some very lush reverbs from ValhallaDSP
True but ValhallaShimmer desperately needs an update.
The preset manager is seriously lacking.

I listened to the track in the OP and I didn't know what to say because I didn't feel the reverb was lush. it sounded pretty... bad, to me. metalic and thin. For me personally, I would not call Valhalla reverbs "lush". 2c Aether is capable of lushness as is Liquidsonics Illusion. Polyverse Comet is also pretty lush on certain settings. But what do I mean by "lush"? Only my brain knows the answer. :party: :phones:

plexuss wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:18 pm I listened to the track in the OP and I didn't know what to say because I didn't feel the reverb was lush. it sounded pretty... bad, to me. metalic and thin. For me personally, I would not call Valhalla reverbs "lush". 2c Aether is capable of lushness as is Liquidsonics Illusion. Polyverse Comet is also pretty lush on certain settings. But what do I mean by "lush"? Only my brain knows the answer. :party: :phones:
Liquidsonics Illusion is under rated.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Sparky77 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:41 pm
plexuss wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:18 pm I listened to the track in the OP and I didn't know what to say because I didn't feel the reverb was lush. it sounded pretty... bad, to me. metalic and thin. For me personally, I would not call Valhalla reverbs "lush". 2c Aether is capable of lushness as is Liquidsonics Illusion. Polyverse Comet is also pretty lush on certain settings. But what do I mean by "lush"? Only my brain knows the answer. :party: :phones:
Another lush reverb IMHO is UVI Sparkverb which is capable of a "sweet lush" sound. It's all crazily subjective. not worth fighting about. its the result that matters! :phones:

... and that is also highly subjective. Best to just move on and have fun... :party:
Last edited by plexuss on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plexuss wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:50 pm
Sparky77 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:41 pm
Another lush reverb IMHO is UVI Sparkverb which is capable of a "sweet lush" sound. It's all crazily subjective. not worth fighting about. its the result that matters! :phones:
True, I have an ALL reverbs policy.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Sparky77 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:53 pm True, I have an ALL reverbs policy.
That reminds me of one of my many "amusing" anecdotes with plugin devs. "Amusing" is usually the result of some kind of frustration being filtered over time. When Melda / Vojtechs were making MTurboReverb, he kept touting how it sounds better than any other reverb. Ass. So I budded in saying "there are no bad reverbs". He argued with me. So I said, ok make me a bad reverb and I will make music out of it. So he made 2 or 3 bad reverb patches. I made this track with them. He conceeded to me. I win. One of his bad reverbs is what starts the track off. All the "bad revbers" had crazy modulation going on. :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/vojtechs-nightmare

Return to “Effects”