The PA Easter deals

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What bugged me a bit about Channel X is that it installs four plugins Channel X and then the three modules that are in Channel X. But the only one that registers is Channel X the other three are in trial mode. I don't' understand why they even install if that's not a part of the license?

For what I paid for it I really can't complain but had I paid the normal price I would have been salty.

i dont understand the hassle guys? it says lindelX Channel so it includes the preamp, comp and eq as 1 plugin. or did i miss something? i just googled the bundle and this is something else afaik
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

……………………………………………………………………………...
Last edited by SAW75 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAW75 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:00 pm
Patapoo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:45 am I don't' understand why they even install if that's not a part of the license?
Because up until a few days ago all of the individual plugs were included.
I bought it last year and have only the individual plugins, I'd bought and used to upgrade from. So I am still missing one of the individual plugins.

The Channel X item in registered products on the website, allows me to upgrade to individual items at a special price.

So what exactly does this come with if you buy Channel X today? Just the rack shell? One module—Which one? All modules?

macmuse wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:39 pm So what exactly does this come with if you buy Channel X today? Just the rack shell? One module—Which one? All modules?
Just the rack shell.
Always Read the Manual!

It's NOT just the rack shell. I bought it and it comes with the 500 Rack and all three modules already in the rack. Each module can be moved around and turn on or off but can't be removed from the rack.

The modules cannot be used independently outside of the 500 Rack either. This is were much of the controversy comes from in part because the Channel X installer installs Channel X and all the modules within ChannelX AND each of the three modules within Channel X independently. But the three independent modules installed are only 14 day trial.

So as long as you are using the Channel X 500 Rack with all three modules built-in you're golden. But if you want to use any one of the modules by itself outside of the rack you will have to pay for it.

…………………………………………………………………..
Last edited by SAW75 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patapoo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:01 pm It's NOT just the rack shell. I bought it and it comes with the 500 Rack and all three modules already in the rack. Each module can be moved around and turn on or off but can't be removed from the rack.

The modules cannot be used independently outside of the 500 Rack either. This is were much of the controversy comes from in part because the Channel X installer installs Channel X and all the modules within ChannelX AND each of the three modules within Channel X independently. But the three independent modules installed are only 14 day trial.

So as long as you are using the Channel X 500 Rack with all three modules built-in you're golden. But if you want to use any one of the modules by itself outside of the rack you will have to pay for it.
My bad, I just assumed people would think the Rack Shell meant the channel strip with all 3 plugins i.e. you get all 3 plugins but you have to use them within the shell, not just an empty shell with nothing in it!
Always Read the Manual!

SAW75 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:34 pm The controversy is PA changing the product description and what is on offer in the middle of the sale and, personally, after I bought the plug and agreed to terms. They will never admit to this. Shady bastards.
Sorry but I don't think that's what happened - I've been looking at the Lindell products since they came out and eventually bought the modules in the sale. The modules and ChannelX (the rack with integrated modules) have always been separate products. After I bought the modules, there was an offer in my account to get ChannelX at a reduced price. It was there for a couple years until I got it too. Sorry, I think your hope is colouring your sense of facts on this. :phones:

I bought all three 500 series plugs individually (last year). I was given a free "upgrade" to ChannelX when I registered the 3rd plugin. I still have all three plugins as well as ChannelX in my account ... is this not the case now?

I bought all three 500 series plugs individually (last year). I was given a free "upgrade" to ChannelX when I registered the 3rd plugin. I sold all three plugins a couple of months after that. ChannelX is still in my account and fully functioning... (but NFR).

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:50 pm I bought all three 500 series plugs individually (last year). I was given a free "upgrade" to ChannelX when I registered the 3rd plugin.
thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:45 pm I bought all three 500 series plugs individually (last year). I was given a free "upgrade" to ChannelX when I registered the 3rd plugin.
LOL Did you just cut and paste the other guys post, or are you both the same person? Or idendical twins? Split personalities? :roll: :roll: :party: :phones:

plexuss wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:56 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:50 pm I bought all three 500 series plugs individually (last year). I was given a free "upgrade" to ChannelX when I registered the 3rd plugin.
thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:45 pm I bought all three 500 series plugs individually (last year). I was given a free "upgrade" to ChannelX when I registered the 3rd plugin.
LOL Did you just cut and paste the other guys post, or are you both the same person? Or idendical twins? Split personalities? :roll: :roll: :party: :phones:
Cut and paste...
But then the differences come up!

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:45 pm I bought all three 500 series plugs individually (last year). I was given a free "upgrade" to ChannelX when I registered the 3rd plugin. I still have all three plugins as well as ChannelX in my account ... is this not the case now?
See this is what I'd been led to believe, so thanks at least for vindicating my original thoughts on this :tu:

And no, it's not the case any more it seems :scared:

Return to “Effects”