Gravity's Bitches (justin3am+debra1rlo) - debut album

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A treat for moody late night listening. Love the detailed sound design.

justin3am wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:23 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:56 pm pickup party is a definite fave :o
I thought you might like that.
We mic'd a snare drum and ran it through my Shared System, using Maths as an envelope follower, EOC clocking Wogglebug, which modulates Echophon and Erbeverb, while they process the snare drum sound.
We also put some safety pins and paper clips on the strings of an acoustic/electric guitar and ran that through my Eventide Pitchfactor and Clouds in Spectral Madness mode.
I also had the 0-Coast running through Rings and UA's Sandman Pro.

If you ever find yourself in LA, you are more than welcome to come over and play!
yeah, cheers for listing the modules :hihi:
like i have space :lol:
still waiting on clouds 2 although, i may eventually give in and go second hand or copy, depends how much longer it is :o

some interesting little sound design snippets in there too 8)
its good to experiment :D

I've been listening to this while I work on some video edits for my real job and wow this is some great stuff. I really love the synthesizer programming and sound design. This is a very good job! Obviously you know what you're doing with all the gear and it shows.

As much as I like experimental stuff I like the more focused musical compositions you created in this.

So far my favourite tracks are Advised and Visitor.

Don't stop making these cool albums!
:borg:

Thanks for listening! Advised is one of my favorite tracks. It was mostly composed with my Octatrack and A4 but the guitar parts really tied that track together.
We had a lot of fun recording Visitor. Deb brought over her Korg Monologue and we ran it through all sorts of pedals, then we ran the guitar through a Kaoss Pad. If I remember, our cats were very insistent on helping with that session. :)

I've been listening to this for the last couple of evenings. My 3 favourites are Q, Visitor and Advised, but not necessarily in that order.

Good work :)

Thanks for listening!

Listened to first minute of Gravity's Bitches and donated ... good charity.
Will listen later ofc ))))
First minute or so were impressive and from other works of yours I have heard looking forward to many listens...
BTW... I found the entrance to THAT wabbit hole ...
FINALLY ;)

:borg:

Thanks so much to you and everyone who has bought the album!
A good friend, from when I worked at AVID/M-Audio, has MS. We've planned to do some kind of collaborative project but he has difficulty getting around. I've donated $100 to the charity myself and will continue to donate the proceeds for this album.

The tracks cover a lot of territory... some more structured or experimental than others but they were mostly improvised during long tracking sessions with some overdubbing, then edited down into songs, once we had all the parts we needed.

Return to “Music Cafe”