VSTs that work well with multi-touch screens?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I just received my Vaio Canvas Z, which I've loaded up with Bitwig, but haven't had a chance to start moving over most plug-ins yet. I loaded a few and noticed that although the screen is multi-touch, you could only adjust one control at a time. But I did see in a video that the controls in Arturia Spark could be controlled simultaneously with a multi-touch surface.

So I'm curious what other plug-ins are good for touch surfaces like surface pro. Both in terms of which ones allow multi-touch or are just well suited in general. What are people's experience with this so far?

Hi

Just stumbled across your post and wondered how you've been getting on with Bitwig on your Vaio Z Canvas? I'm looking to pick up both next week having never used either so I wondered if they work well together/any issues you've had?

Would really appreciate any info as there doesn't seem to be much around.

Also I remember reading a while back that D16 Lush 101 is a nice touchscreen VST, multi-touch too if I remember correctly. Seems very much trial and error in general though with even some developers surprised their vsts end up being touch compatible and in my experience none actually advertising it.

Cheers

IIRC Melda plugins are multi-touch capable.
I will have to check if they are also touch friendly.

I know it´s an old thread but more and more intresting to me
I can only tell about D16 Plugins which work fine with multitouch in Bitwig. In particular ,,Lush´´ is great to view and handle. I like the way how you can move the faders. Make more sense to me than Knobs.

^^^

Vertical faders work best for multi-touch.
But then again a knob has vertical functionality.

Multi-touch allows the plugin GUI to become a controller!
Yaaa Hooo!

Any plugin made with JUCE will be multi-touch.
another Yaaa Hooo!

I don’t even remember starting this thread. But not many plugins are multitouch compatible. TAL-Uno, Sylenth1 and Equator are three that work really well multitouch. Korg Odyssey too but you can't resize this one like you can the others so it's a little harder with touch. The nice thing about these, in addition to being able to adjust multiple parameters on the synth at once, is that you can also adjust something in bitwig at the same time as in the synth, whereas usually the plugin steals the touch focus. So you could play the touch keyboard for example at the same time as adjusting parameters in these synths.

Omnisphere claimed to be multitouch compatible with a recent update but it isn’t. I don’t know what they’re talking about.

It is great that a DAW and plugins are multi-touch capable but better if they are also multi-touch friendly. Resizing helps make a MT plugin friendly.

Bitwig is the champion in the Multi-touch DAW department but S1 and FL studio are also good.

Is anyone having the mouse pointer/finger touch issue? see here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=490574&p=7371568&hi ... r#p7371568
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VCV Rack with Bridge / VeeSeeVST Rack or Voltage Modular.

I also would use Bitwig and map vsts

IIRC falcon and sylenth1 are multi-touch compatible. Fathom is as well. Last I tried, u-he synths and not a single product from NI was multi-touch capable. Tbh it seemed like a very attractive idea on paper, but in practice I found it kind of a pain and quite tedious and unintuitive to work with, and much prefer sticking to midi controllers even with bitwig. And bitwig has not done much to improve the touch interface since the initial release, unless I missed something in the 2.4 and 2.5 updates (I'm still on 2.3). YMMV of course.

sacer wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:55 am I also would use Bitwig and map vsts
Yes but the knobs on the map page are very tiny.

I try D16 stuff and all of it is multitouch. The bigger instruments like 909 or the 303 working except of the little length button very well. Fast and intutive. Not much CPU on 1,4 quadcore tablets...

Matt-v- wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:12 am
sacer wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:55 am I also would use Bitwig and map vsts
Yes but the knobs on the map page are very tiny.
Not when you expand the control map pages, they’re huge then.

I gues they can work just fine

The Spitfire LABS are multi-touch friendly!
https://www.spitfireaudio.com/labs/

Return to “Instruments”