2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

foosnark wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:00 am SubCon is by Cevin Key of Skinny Puppy, right? I've been kind of curious about those modules just because I was such an SP fan, but really, no room in the case :D

Got the Sampling Modulator today and tooled around with it a little. It's a DIY build and one of the 3-way switches seems to need a little extra shove to turn it on, but if it gets worse, that's like the one thing I have enough competence to deal with :hihi: Kind of fun using it along with Rainmaker to clock the comb filter with rhythms while sending the main clock to the delay.
Um yeah that's the guy... Cevin Key :oops:

All that stuff sounds awesome. Rainmaker should keep you busy a while I would think :tu:

pekbro wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:52 pmI got it all from, Shawn Cleary...
good shout out! Perfect Circuit is closer to me but I've been buying modular stuff from Shawn since 2008 and he's always gone out of his way to provide great service.

The day the first batch of Maths arrived at his shop, he met me at a Starbucks to give me #49. They weren't even open that day. He met me in the parking lot of a closed down Arby's more times than I can count. Luckily he has a great store front now. :hihi:

pekbro wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:19 amRainmaker should keep you busy a while I would think :tu:
Yeah, I could probably use it as a primary sound source for a couple of albums :D

I kind of feel blown away to get ValhallaDelay and Rainmaker within a couple of weeks. They're almost diametrically opposed -- super easy to dial in, polished, fantastic emulation of old-school delays, vs. modern complex "all the other weird shit delays can do" monster with sharp edges.

A nice side effect of experimenting with Rainmaker is that I understand Ubermod a hell of a lot better now.

Moog Matriarch

pdxindy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:25 am Moog Matriarch
Nice! I definitely wouldn't mind having one of those. :tu:

I think Roland is sending a system 500 my way interestingly...

SWEET!! :love: - Got my upgrade to Nuendo 10 yest-a-day with the crossgrade buy to N8 from the Cube - years and years and years I've wanted my own license of Nuendo - it was always unobtainium because of the cost, until Steinberg very recently decided to do this. Thank-you, Steinberg! :tu: I'm also amped about what Steinberg will do with Spectralayers (fairly recent aquisition from Magix) - we've got a really nice guy named: 'Bill' communicating with us in a Spectralayers thread, about the future, etc. Seems to be receptive to new ideas - maybe they're trying to hash out where they want to go with SL. It's a pretty interesting spectral editing program to look at if you haven't; shares traits with both Izotopes' RX and Photoshop(!)

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:04 am
pekbro wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:41 pm The bitbox is cool, it changes into different units depending on the loaded firmware. For those who don’t know that.
Yup; Ive not tried the other firmwares yet myself though.
I just tried the FxBox firmware if you still haven't, it's a bit like Artillery2 from Sugarbytes or similar.
Pretty cool actually. Firmware swap is simple. I bought 2, 32 GB microsd cards @ $11 ea. Which is crazy, considering the price a year ago, so I had to give it a go.

Moog Sub/subsequent 37
Behringer Neutron
Arturia Beatstep Pro
Moog Grandmother
Strymon Big Sky
Eventide Time Factor

goldenanalog wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:23 am SWEET!! :love: - Got my upgrade to Nuendo 10 yest-a-day with the crossgrade buy to N8 from the Cube ...
Didn't realize Steinberg made hardware :hihi:

I've had nothing new this year :( Still paying off last years christmas splurge.

foosnark wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:38 pm
goldenanalog wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:23 am SWEET!! :love: - Got my upgrade to Nuendo 10 yest-a-day with the crossgrade buy to N8 from the Cube ...
Didn't realize Steinberg made hardware :hihi:
:hihi: Now actually, Mr. foosnark (great name!): I have an older RME multiface that’s been ‘rebranded’ with ‘Steinberg nuendo’ on it! :hihi: Sure, it’s cheating - but it’s still fun to pretend that they do!

I guess it counts, but I just got a new camera for around $5000

I'll be earning the money back with it this year due to my my line of work, so it's definitely not a "toy" but I can still have fun with it. I'm thinking it might be kind of fun learning how to create some "experimental" music videos using weird textures, macro shots, slow-motion ink in fishtanks that kind of stuff.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:22 am I guess it counts, but I just got a new camera for around $5000

I'll be earning the money back with it this year due to my my line of work, so it's definitely not a "toy" but I can still have fun with it. I'm thinking it might be kind of fun learning how to create some "experimental" music videos using weird textures, macro shots, slow-motion ink in fishtanks that kind of stuff.
What camera did you get?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”