Lush reverbs on a budget

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
SoundPorn
KVRian
768 posts since 24 Jul, 2018

Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:44 pm

Lush in my brain makes me think of the Lexicon sound, a thick unnatural digital reverb sound with a chorused modulation on the tail. This is where Vahalla excels at to me. In VRoom the Nostromo, LV-426 and Dark Space modes, in particular, have an extremely lush sound. Also the attack of the reverbs envelope is clearly slower than usual verbs giving it an extra lushness.
And VintageVerb has a few modes like especially the ones with Random in the name that give it a certain, dare i say, "lush" vibe.
plexuss wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:18 pm
I listened to the track in the OP and I didn't know what to say because I didn't feel the reverb was lush. it sounded pretty... bad, to me. metalic and thin. For me personally, I would not call Valhalla reverbs "lush". 2c Aether is capable of lushness as is Liquidsonics Illusion. Polyverse Comet is also pretty lush on certain settings. But what do I mean by "lush"? Only my brain knows the answer. :party: :phones:

AdvancedFollower
KVRist
309 posts since 8 May, 2018 from Sweden

Re: Lush reverbs on a budget

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:29 am

Xenoverb - €37.50 (occasionally on sale for less)
TAL-Reverb-4 - Free
Oril River - Free
Anything by Valhalla DSP - $50 (Shimmer might be the most "lush" but I guess that depends on what you mean by that term, exactly)
Toraverb2 - €69 can do some pretty cool, modulated reverbs.

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
2073 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: Lush reverbs on a budget

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:49 am

Xenoverb.
Don't be a Sheep. :borg:

Kwurqx
KVRist
345 posts since 15 Jun, 2017

Re: Lush reverbs on a budget

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:02 am

Valdemar Erlingsson (ValdemarOrn) - Cloud Seed (FREE)
https://github.com/ValdemarOrn

Screenshot
https://github.com/ValdemarOrn/CloudSee ... enshot.png

Very programmable and versatile. From intimite ambience and small rooms to cripy clear huge spaces. With it's many and very usefull delay line options (counts and times) and modulation, feedback and filter options you can go almost anywhere.

digitalmessiah
KVRist
362 posts since 21 Oct, 2004 from sunny florida, baby!

Re: Lush reverbs on a budget

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:18 am

I totally agree with the people recommending Toneboosters Reverb 4, Audiority Xenoverb and UVI Sparkverb. These are very underrated reverbs capable of producing a lush sound. Xenoverb has a nice, exquisite tail. Reverb 4 (when set to 'shimmer' mode, with tweaked mods) can sound extremely beautiful like there's no tomorrow :) A good tool for creating cinematic beds. I also like Acon Digital Verberate 2 now with its Vivid Hall algo and Audio Damage EOS2 with its big, super-wide Super Hall algo.

You can read my Reverb Roundup Part 1 here: http://soundbytesmag.net/reverb-roundup-part-1/
be part of the solution, not the problem

Winstontaneous
KVRAF
1553 posts since 15 Feb, 2006 from Berkeley, CA

Re: Lush reverbs on a budget

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:23 am

Halonmusic wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:49 am
Xenoverb.
Its Hall mode appears to be mono, which cuts the Lush factor by a bit, but the other modes can be more expansive.
OLOKUN - Survival Kit - now on iTunes, CDBaby, and Spotify

Videos: The Beat | Crossing to Safety

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
2073 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: Lush reverbs on a budget

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:31 am

Winstontaneous wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:23 am
Halonmusic wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:49 am
Xenoverb.
Its Hall mode appears to be mono, which cuts the Lush factor by a bit, but the other modes can be more expansive.
i've never noticed that. I mostly use the plate, spring, glass, flow and shimmer modes as well as the room mode. Sure its not a bug ?
Don't be a Sheep. :borg:

willsavino
KVRist
66 posts since 7 Aug, 2018 from Michigan

Re: Lush reverbs on a budget

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:22 pm

Halonmusic wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:31 am
Winstontaneous wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:23 am
Halonmusic wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:49 am
Xenoverb.
Its Hall mode appears to be mono, which cuts the Lush factor by a bit, but the other modes can be more expansive.
i've never noticed that. I mostly use the plate, spring, glass, flow and shimmer modes as well as the room mode. Sure its not a bug ?
I also figured it was intentional. Give it a "long" sound, without being wide. I've never used it, but I can imagine it being useful for an already stereo source just needing a long tail.

Still, Xenoverb's plates are lush as hell, with a really tasty modulation and tail shape.

Sparky77
KVRian
883 posts since 29 Sep, 2006

Re: Lush reverbs on a budget

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:25 pm

SoundPorn wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:44 pm
Lush in my brain makes me think of the Lexicon sound, a thick unnatural digital reverb sound with a chorused modulation on the tail.
[/quote]

They go on sale very often and could be considered budget.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
2073 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: Lush reverbs on a budget

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:27 am

willsavino wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:22 pm
Halonmusic wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:31 am
Winstontaneous wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:23 am
Halonmusic wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:49 am
Xenoverb.
Its Hall mode appears to be mono, which cuts the Lush factor by a bit, but the other modes can be more expansive.
i've never noticed that. I mostly use the plate, spring, glass, flow and shimmer modes as well as the room mode. Sure its not a bug ?
I also figured it was intentional. Give it a "long" sound, without being wide. I've never used it, but I can imagine it being useful for an already stereo source just needing a long tail.

Still, Xenoverb's plates are lush as hell, with a really tasty modulation and tail shape.
Indeed
Don't be a Sheep. :borg:

Dasheesh
KVRAF
3384 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Re: Lush reverbs on a budget

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:32 am

also, audio thing has a good convolution algo. fog convolver and some free impulses.

mihai
KVRist
80 posts since 18 Mar, 2010 from Los Angeles

Re: Lush reverbs on a budget

Post Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:01 pm

H-Reverb is dope albeit somewhat taxing on the cpu. $49 and Audio Deluxe also has a spring sale I believe.

acousticglue
KVRian
601 posts since 27 May, 2008

Re: Lush reverbs on a budget

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:12 am

Using Liquidsonics again yesterday with all the IRs and wonder at times why I would have needed anything else. Crapload of verbs

Return to “Effects”