Can't find the Arturia V collection 7 leak thread - Mellotron, Synthi, CZ etc ???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fab price for new users, usual stupid upgrade price of 200 bucks (almost the same as buying new for V6 owners)

Only the rich or stupid will buy before the (fair priced) 99 buck upgrade that they do EVERY year! What a waste of everyone’s time, just price the upgrade at 99 bucks for v5/6 users and 200 for earlier or something and leave it at that!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:38 pm And isn't the Mellotron just another sampler?
I suppose you could call it an analog sampler. It was a rather clever instrument that used pre-recorded tape recordings, one tape strip per key (not a loop).

But calling it a "sampler" is a huge stretch. You could not use it to sample instruments. They had to be recorded with other equipment, cut and loaded into the machine. You could get some expression on it by a kind of aftertouch, which really meant that it pressed the tape head down harder, effecting the playback.

Also, it would retract the tape when you released a key, meaning if you pressed the same key too soon, you would lose the attack.

The sound was characterized by lots of wow and flutter, especially as the tape was worn from play.

Since each key had its own tape, it was often used like a clip launcher, for playing sound effects, or even percussion.
Last edited by teilo on Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yep. It was more a "mechanical rompler"... :)

I wonder if Analog Lab 4 will be a free update for current Analog Lab 3 and V-Collection 5/6 owners.

beely wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:46 pm Edit: Hmm, Oli Larkin (VCZ) is credited in the manual, so it looks like he helped out with this, in some way at least...
Would totally be their M.O. if they brought in another developer and their IP and enhanced and rebranded it. That's exactly what they did with Martinic and ComboF/ComboV. Note: I'm not knocking them for it. Those are probably their best instruments IMO!

Just played the demo of the CZ-V - it's really nicely done, sounds great, and the interface is pretty nice with some very nicely thought through features.

I think the only thing I would have liked to see is the ability to create patch layers (you can of course easily layer instances within your DAW), as the CZ engine actually layers quite well for bigger, more composite sounds (eg, a patch for the attack portion, another couple of different patches for a sustained pad, and another patch for some high end modulation stuff.)

But aside from that, it's pretty impressive, and really is the top-modern CZ I've wanted for a while... :tu:

Reefius wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:05 pm I wonder if Analog Lab 4 will be a free update for current Analog Lab 3 and V-Collection 5/6 owners.
Yep, it is. Downloading it now.
Image Image Image Image

I'm probably biased but the Mellotron rompler features are super. I have M-Tron and all the libraries. I also have a ton of "other" Mellotron libraries and emulations. This one has a pretty awesome high-fi kind of vibe that I really like. And the ability to tron your own samples is pretty sweet. M-Tron still sounds more accurate as a repro, but I love the sound of the Arturia version.

Don't sleep on the B3 update either. It finally sounds really good.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Own VC6 Pigments and a couple of other licenses im trying to sell.

€299 euro upgrade.

A couple of things about Analog Lab 4. Firstly, it replaces Analog Lab 3 (as 3 did with 2) but with a warning that it is 64-bit only. So you will lose 32-bit support with the upgrade.

There's also a Pigments category so we get a taste of that. And more presets are available in the store (but they require the full version). I also found a Genesis Tribute bank there for free.
Last edited by sprnva on Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

So I have to wait 1 Year to get the V7 update for 99€.

[This space for rent]
Image Image Image Image

As well as Analog Lab 4, I also have the B-3 V2 included as part of my V Collection 5. Pretty nice of 'em.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

SJ_Digriz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:44 pm And the ability to tron your own samples is pretty sweet.
damn! that does sound nice! although, does it give them the "mello" sound? or as you say its a bit more hifi? so is it more just a sampler?
if it has a hint of multi tape then i could be interested :o

owner of VC4, VC5, VC6 and Pigments I found it exagerated to ask me 299 US for the upgrade. Anyway I waited when they announce upgrade from VC5 to VC6 at 200 US. after some months they asked 99 for the upgrade. At that price I jumped in.
will wait for 99 us upgrade again.

Return to “Instruments”