MIA Laboratories: Musiqual SE Release Announcement:

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Second Generation of our audio plugins, is here!

Musiqual Series SE New Features:
• iLok CloudActivation (no physical iLok Required).
• 0.1 precision settings for Gain and Colour
• 2 Activations Available per License.
• Bypass Button. This allows you to easily and quickly conduct A/B tests and drive
your sound to perfection, without leaving the comfort of your plugin.
• Improved mono/stereo audio handling.

MusiqualBlue is an exquisite EQ with 16 bands to choose from, forged from the experience gained over
countless working hours on Class A analogue equipment.
MusiqualRedis an analogue tube flavoured, single band EQ. It possesses a strong Tube flavour, boasting
31 pre-set frequency bands very familiar to Tube enthusiasts, across generations.
MusiqualGreen is a semi parametric EQ, delivering a fairly transparent sound with the Transistor flavour
that is so characteristic of analogue technology.

Tips: Combining Musiqual Red, Green and Blue, can produce remarkable results. Our new
FREE plugins MIA Fat, MIA Thin and MIA Muscle also pose a characteristic example of this
technique. *Inserting Pi and Phi after any plugin brings out the hidden gems in the plugin
and your sound.

We really appreciate your kind support! We all hope that you enjoy our new tools as much as we do and help you take your creativity, productivity and overall results to a whole new level!
For any further questions / suggestions / reviews / issues etc., please feel free to contact us.

BLUE & BORDER = HAMMER, thanks & thanks = happy new year !!!

veloheinz wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:28 pm BLUE & BORDER = HAMMER, thanks & thanks = happy new year !!!
We are glad you enjoy!

Happy new year to you too!

How long will the discount on the Musical Series bundle last?

Until the end of January

mialaboratories wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:48 pm Until the end of January
Thanks,
I've downloaded the 3 trial versions, and came across a bug (mac high sierra, logic 10.4.3):
When trying to get a trial license for blue (by opening logic), the plugin authorized pi&phi instead.
After this, i downloaded pi&phi, hoping that it would prompt me to authorize blue instead, but nothing happened (so opening blue did in fact authorize pi&phi)
So far, i'm really impressed by red & green, but i would like to also try blue.
(actually, inserting blue simply mutes the channel)
Could you please take a look at this issue?

Arrested Developer wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:53 pm
mialaboratories wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:48 pm Until the end of January
Thanks,
I've downloaded the 3 trial versions, and came across a bug (mac high sierra, logic 10.4.3):
When trying to get a trial license for blue (by opening logic), the plugin authorized pi&phi instead.
After this, i downloaded pi&phi, hoping that it would prompt me to authorize blue instead, but nothing happened (so opening blue did in fact authorize pi&phi)
So far, i'm really impressed by red & green, but i would like to also try blue.
(actually, inserting blue simply mutes the channel)
Could you please take a look at this issue?
Hello,
if you can please send mail at support@mialaboratories.com with your iLok user ID, we will sort it out immediately.
Best Regards,
Chris

Thanks, i've just sent the email!

That bug is officially fixed!
thanks "Arrested Developer" for reporting.

Thanks for sending the trial license so fast!

Really like all 3 colors so far, I'm wondering why there is not much more discussion about them in the forums...

does anyone know how long the current sale is on for? These look interesting...i am wondering why there is not more discussion too!

Jus tried - the red one is quite bizzare! In a good way. It sounds like there is all kinds of things going on with the phase no? not just eq.
I have no idea what is under the hood, but it appears my initial impression was right - these are great tools for mixing. One could build a little mix chain out of their plugs and have really nice tone shaping options - kind of like an end-of-channel finalizer (that is how i would use them anyway)
It is nice to see people doing something different

I have all of these and the fact that there does seems to be some phase issues going on keeps me from using them.

jbarish wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:56 pm I have all of these and the fact that there does seems to be some phase issues going on keeps me from using them.
Snake oil? :scared:

Run them through Plugin Doctor and see what they do. I got pi/phi and once I could see what it was doing it made more sense to me what it was doing sonically. Don't be afraid of mixing subjective and objective analysis. There's nothing wrong with facts. Now I use pi/phi effectively and its been on my master buss ever since. Here's an example of a track tone-shaped with pi/phi in mastering.... It was first in the chain following some dynamics and other EQs, some MS work, bottom end monoizer, and final limiter. I would say pi/phi has a pretty strong fingerprint on the sound of this track. :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/th ... ilizations
Last edited by plexuss on Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”