Creative Effects

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
mister-rz
KVRist
99 posts since 30 Jun, 2012

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:38 am

If you're on a mac step fx in logic, exponential audio excalibur is on sale at the mo, I'm demoing it, after being on my wish list for awhile, lots of possibilities. Reaktor and guitar rig, I underestimated guitar rig, until I realised a lot of my fav kore fx were using it.

simon.a.billington
KVRAF
1574 posts since 12 Nov, 2014

Re: Creative Effects

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:43 am

Potentially the Filter plugins from Arturia.

rewrite history
Banned
117 posts since 13 Mar, 2019

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:34 am

rlared wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:34 pm
What are some good VST or VST3 creative effects? Something like Alligator from Reason that would create interesting rhythmic filtration or gating or interesting modulation that I wouldn't have thought of...
Anyone can get those same effects, presets and has already been done before things right out of the box. What you might be looking for is the creativity inside yourself and finding new combinations of effects and how you apply them to your unique source material. Unfortunately, it's not that easy to buy creativity.

What people really desire is a little bit of familiar with a whole lot of different...

vurt
addled muppet weed
44394 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:42 am

SparkySpark
KVRAF
1529 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Skövde, Sweden

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:42 pm

rlared wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:34 pm
What are some good VST or VST3 creative effects? Something like Alligator from Reason that would create interesting rhythmic filtration or gating or interesting modulation that I wouldn't have thought of...

Again, for rhythmic stuff I'd suggest a step sequencer, and in particular G8tor from 2gether Audio. It works great, looks even better, and can be bought for ten bucks (quite a steal). What more could one want! :)

The only reason I haven't bought it myself is that I create my own at the moment (in MUX).
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

simon.a.billington
KVRAF
1574 posts since 12 Nov, 2014

Post Sun May 19, 2019 9:10 pm

Oh there is also Waves Metafilter. Can’t believe I forgot about that one. That should only cost $30 on the right day.

_ZzaJ_
KVRer
10 posts since 5 May, 2019 from Shanghai

Post Mon May 20, 2019 7:20 am

Everything from Glitchmachines.

Return to “Effects”