Controlling a Daw with a Wacom tablet

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
deastman
KVRAF
7097 posts since 7 Aug, 2003 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:07 pm

standalone wrote:This will bring tears to the eyes of people who write music in the traditional way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_PgKyqE3RU
OMFG!
Incomplete list of my gear: 110V AC to 12V DC 1.5A power supply (+ tip)

dianya
KVRer
1 posts since 23 Apr, 2019

Re: Controlling a Daw with a Wacom tablet

Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:25 pm

I just upgraded from a wacom intuos to a xp-pen star 06 wireless Drawing Tablet . I was really missing a scroll wheel and now I've got it, as well as 6 customizable shortcut keys. The stylus behaves a little unpredictably at times, like when I double click on an audio plugin, normal. But when I double click on an instrument plugin, nada. So I created a keyboard shortcut for the second button on the stylus to toggle instrument plugin window. The scroll wheel resolution is not customizable and is pretty coarse. I hope that may change with updates, but it's workable as is.

The xp-pen star 06 drawing pad 10x6 inches active area size works well with my double side to side monitor setup. The price is right on these, especially compared to wacom stuff. I was very happy to discover this brand.Some other options I'm working with are ipad apps: Logic Remote, Touch OSC, and Mobile Mouse.

MaF
KVRist
91 posts since 22 Sep, 2002 from Germany

Re: Controlling a Daw with a Wacom tablet

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:10 am

In the video for the Surface composing app it says "Play your score back. In lifelike detail." I wonder what orchestral library is in there. Certainly not the complete VSL, right?

But I've been thinking about getting a Wacom since I saw Stimming using it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”