Great vintage instruments that still deserves to be emulated ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kawai K5000

Fender Strat & Tele, Gibson Les Paul (both solid body and semi-hollow body), Danelectro, Ibanez 7-string.

I know IK can pull it off.

And finally, Novachord. That would be nice.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Urs could pull off that Schmidt thing
The Cat.
Urs is toying with the CAT. Next year, perhaps.

CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

crimsonwarlock wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:46 pmYamaha VL-1
looks interesting, including it duophonic mode !

Krakatau wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:58 pm
crimsonwarlock wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:46 pmYamaha VL-1
looks interesting, including it duophonic mode !
And the rare VP-1 there only exist a few...

Spirit2017 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:48 pm Kawai K5000
Yes! I second this!

While Alchemy did a better job with the actual additive sources ("oscillators"), the K5000's formant filter is amazing. I'd love to see that make it into a software instrument. Some of the concepts in the emagic SoundDiver editor for it were also pretty handy from a GUI perspective--some sort of Uber-K5000 would be nice indeed.

-u

p.s up until yesterday the K5000S still served as my sole keyboard MIDI controller--best semiweighted keybed ever.
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

Unfocused wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:23 pm
Spirit2017 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:48 pm Kawai K5000
While Alchemy did a better job with the actual additive sources ("oscillators"), the K5000's formant filter is amazing. I'd love to see that make it into a software instrument. Some of the concepts in the emagic SoundDiver editor for it were also pretty handy from a GUI perspective--some sort of Uber-K5000 would be nice indeed.
The SoundDiver editor for the K5000 is fantastic. AFAIK, it was directly ordered by Kawai, and a special version of SoundDiver with just that editor was offered to all K5000 users. The editor is very well thought, and completely unveils the potential of the synth. As a longtime user of SoundDiver and owner of K5000R, I can testify that.

A soft version of K5000 inspired in the SoundDiver editor would certainly be great.
Fernando (FMR)

Telemark

sfd wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:13 amTelemark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUqP-nDq9eI

looks like a really nice vintage substractive synth :love:

I'd like to see a proper Korg MS20. Vintage style, not like the remake. The Korg one has weak oscillators and the Diva filter modules don't scream enough.

Also a modern VST of the ARP 2600 would be cool. The Arturia one doesn't seem very authentic and the Timewarp one sounded great but wasn't maintained.

Korg Collections I thought were pretty accurate. They don't get press like the V Collection for some reason.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:37 pmand the Diva filter modules don't scream enough.
Lower oscillator volumes in the mixer prior to filter, compensate with global volume. Screams like a mofo then. (That's how it works on the actual MS-20, too.)

Return to “Instruments”