UDO Super 6

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm watching some UDO video, and it should be Mpe compatible, we can see an mpe button near the matrix mod. ( I hope, it's not an hallucination due to his marvelous sound :))
Best
YY

Whywhy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:54 pm I'm watching some UDO video, and it should be Mpe compatible, we can see an mpe button near the matrix mod. ( I hope, it's not an hallucination due to his marvelous sound :))
The developer said it will support MPE

pdxindy wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:59 pm
There are suddenly lots of analog and hybrid polys
credit should be given to waldorf for the Q+ and then to dave smith for digging into the concept. digital/analog hybrids make for a good mix across the audio spectrum as well as the feature spectrum.

edit: of course there were many independent rare one offs along the way. one in particular I keep thinking of but the name escapes me now. a desk top unit that didn't last long (wish I could remember the name of that).

pdxindy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:16 pm
Whywhy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:54 pm I'm watching some UDO video, and it should be Mpe compatible, we can see an mpe button near the matrix mod. ( I hope, it's not an hallucination due to his marvelous sound :))
The developer said it will support MPE
YES! :wheee:

Dasheesh wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:02 am
pdxindy wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:59 pm
There are suddenly lots of analog and hybrid polys
credit should be given to waldorf for the Q+ and then to dave smith for digging into the concept. digital/analog hybrids make for a good mix across the audio spectrum as well as the feature spectrum.

edit: of course there were many independent rare one offs along the way. one in particular I keep thinking of but the name escapes me now. a desk top unit that didn't last long (wish I could remember the name of that).
Ambika ?
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

@ lotuzia, no, it was only made for a year or less in the early 2000's. maybe 2003 ish? anyway, it was tan in color with wood side panels, had red led's and little lcd's that showed oscillator waveforms. the lucky few said it had the biggest sweet spot they ever heard and it sounded amazing in demos. i was always jealous of the guys that got their hands on one.

Rozzbox?

@justin3am oh shit i can't believe you found that. still jealous. what a collectors item now. that's a bad little box.

i'm old and my memory has become jumbled but maybe it was the first version that had the wave forms on tiny screens or maybe i'm thinking of something else now. kudos on finding that tho, i was actually beginning to obsess over trying to find it today. don't want to hijack this thread but, yeah...

I borrowed a Rozzbox One v2 from a friend, around 2010. It definitely sounded nice but it wasn't without it's quirks.

Regarding the UDO Super 6, I appreciate the stereo signal path but I don't need another keyboard, seeing as I don't really play the keys. It looks/sounds wonderful. I hope they do well with this.

Apart from the (great) sound and the tech-talk, what strikes me most is how passionate this UDO guy is. If you hear him talk you just know he wants to make something really, really great. It's not going to check all boxes feature/spec wise, but for what it will be, it looks and feels very promising.

My 2 cents :)

Found some update and preview of SonicState on this(2 days old)
https://youtu.be/u_L4rOwoUho

Some really interesting timbres going on there.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:27 am https://youtu.be/ahPuoA-NeeQ
Recording is really old though - May 12th

lfm wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:00 am
pdxindy wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:27 am https://youtu.be/ahPuoA-NeeQ
Recording is really old though - May 12th
It was recorded in Berlin maybe 2 weeks ago...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”