Sell & Buy Forum Rules

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
alexandredesroches
KVRer
24 posts since 27 Dec, 2016

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Hey guys,

I made a YouTube video showing How to Buy on KVR Forums and thought it would be appropriate to share it directly on the Forum Rules topic. This way, any body joining can understand quickly how it is done.

https://youtu.be/Qlx-CMmF-eU

Hope it helps.

All the best,
Alex :D

MogwaiBoy
KVRAF
3082 posts since 26 Nov, 2015 from Way Downunder

Re: Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos) Forum Rules

Post Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:57 pm

What about when a member comes into your sale thread and pushes their own wares, ie: "my deal is better"?

HcDoom
KVRian
987 posts since 18 Feb, 2012

Re: Sell & Buy Forum Rules

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:51 am

Lately, Ive been contacted a lot by people who just joined forum, 0 days, 0 posts and who want to buy some stuff from me. I ignore their pms as I am afraid of some sort of scam. What are your thoughts guys?

BBFG#
KVRAF
5608 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:08 am

Use your best judgement. I recently did one and it went through fine and very quick. The buyer even mentioned he wanted to leave feedback but wasn't allowed to because of being a new member. I'm aware of the "5 posts before letting a link being accepted" but until he mentioned it, did not know of the 14 day period or the arcane to me, "disposable email" exclusion. I really don't know what a disposable email is...

So KVR has implemented some new things. Most likely to help protect us. But it seems it's having a negative effect on letting new members jump in too.

Like I said, just use your best judgement

HcDoom
KVRian
987 posts since 18 Feb, 2012

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:28 pm

I decided not to do any business with 0 days, 0 posts guys...to risky!

PraiseDue
KVRist
72 posts since 3 Feb, 2019

Post Thu May 16, 2019 2:36 am

It’s pretty bad with some of the sellers. Some never respond to inquiries. I’d rather someone tell me that they aren’t interested in selling any of their items to me instead of ignoring me. I’ve purchased and sold quite a few items from members here and I haven’t had any issues. If certain requirements should be met to purchase from a seller, then why not indicate that in their posts?
Last edited by PraiseDue on Thu May 16, 2019 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

chk071
KVRAF
19847 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Thu May 16, 2019 2:38 am

HcDoom wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:28 pm
I decided not to do any business with 0 days, 0 posts guys...to risky!
Good call.

agharta
KVRist
169 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Fri May 17, 2019 12:30 pm

HcDoom wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:51 am
Lately, Ive been contacted a lot by people who just joined forum, 0 days, 0 posts and who want to buy some stuff from me. I ignore their pms as I am afraid of some sort of scam. What are your thoughts guys?
I wouldn't sell to them either.
I do sell to 0 day buyers on Ebay and it used to scare me a bit but having done it a number of times with no problems I just accept it.

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
11838 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Fri May 17, 2019 11:00 pm

PraiseDue wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:36 am
It’s pretty bad with some of the sellers. Some never respond to inquiries. I’d rather someone tell me that they aren’t interested in selling any of their items to me instead of ignoring me.
I was getting approached by many zero-day buyers in my current sales thread. I always replied, and let them know that I wouldn't be able to sell to them at that point. Eventually I just wrote in the thread that I needed checkable feedback and posting history, which I think works better for everybody.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”